Front Snowblower Install Steps

tblaney

Equipment
2021 L4060HST Grand
Mar 1, 2021
WI
I am looking for some suggestions on getting a Front mounted snowblower attached to my tractor. I am struggling getting the PTO to align. Here are the specifics:
  • L4060
  • L4455A 4 Point Hitch and subframe
  • L4474 Snowblower
I have the subframe on the tractor, no problem. It's attaching the snowblower to the 4 point hitch. I can't get the pto to align from the snowblower to the tractor. Tried attaching it last night by myself. I thought I had the splines aligned to slide, but when moved the tractor forward, the pto would not slide on each other. after about 25 round trips from the from the cab, I gave up.

I am relatively new to tractors and pto shafts, so if there are any tricks, I would appreciate. On the rear, I attached PTO-Link to all my attachments, which makes it really easy.

Thanks for any help!

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I am very new to tractors,(and don't know yours whatsoever) but I know on my bx2380 there is a tiny notch in the driveshaft that must be perfectly aligned with the mid-mount pto shaft or it just will NOT go on at all.
Perhaps the L4060's is the same? (again...don't know your machine)

Not much help, but maybe it'll assist you?

It's barely noticeable. (thinking about painting the notch silver or white so I can see it.)

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Sounds like it's got a master spline. If you look at the shaft you should see a spline that looks like there joined together , inside the female end there should be a spot where it looks like one spline is missing. These too need to be put together. This is how they keep the u-joints in alignment with each other.

Reactions: 1 user

wsurff

Equipment
L6060, Backhoe, Front Snow Blower, Grapple, Chipper, Box Blade
Oct 8, 2021
NJ
I believe i have a similar connection type and it is "keyed". Look carefully and you will see it(photos below). Mark it so it's not such a pain to connect next time.
IMG_5104.JPEG
IMG_5105.JPEG

Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
The 2 sliding portions of the shaft will have to have their side of the universals on the same plane. I don't have this machine but it is the same with all your rear pto shafts too. So if they don't go together one way turning one end 180 should then get you to the "key" in the spline and yoke.. Maybe mark those side of the yokes for future?

Bill