Front loader lifting boom ?

Steamer Pete

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 29, 2021
Holland, MI
Anyone ever build a lifting boom for their quick attach fork attachment? Thinking like an inverted "L" that are often seen on rigger's for trucks.

I'm considering getting an old fork with the correct mounts, cut off the horizontal portion of it, weld a piece of 3" tube on the face of the fork about 2' taller than the fork attachment plate, then sticking out 2' or so from the tractor with a good lifting eye. This whole thing would allow the lifting point of my loader to be about 3' higher than if I were to be lifting directly from a fork.

Just looking for ideas or lessons learned. I understand the farther I go from the tractor while lifting, the max load drops.

Thanx !

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Recommend much larger tractor, loaded tires and 3pt ballast
Jul12_0002.jpg

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I have one of these. I have not used it yet. I had not planned to put a boom on it, but I suppose something like that could be done with it.

Attachments

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I played around with the idea. First with timber lashed to the forks, which was as sketchy as it sounds. Then with a steel boom that started life as a large spreader. Also sketchy and only useful for the lightest of loads:

The Mk. III did away with the forks and got it's own SSQA mount.

The tractor just transports it, in use it rests on the ground:

Transport position:

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Anyone ever build a lifting boom for their quick attach fork attachment? Thinking like an inverted "L" that are often seen on rigger's for trucks.

I'm considering getting an old fork with the correct mounts, cut off the horizontal portion of it, weld a piece of 3" tube on the face of the fork about 2' taller than the fork attachment plate, then sticking out 2' or so from the tractor with a good lifting eye. This whole thing would allow the lifting point of my loader to be about 3' higher than if I were to be lifting directly from a fork.

Just looking for ideas or lessons learned. I understand the farther I go from the tractor while lifting, the max load drops.

Thanx !
Take a look at pallet forks.com they sell a 60” tree boom, I have one that I use on my MX and track loader.

unfortunately the loader on a LX is going to struggle to lift anything too heavy as you push the lifting point forward of the pins. If your use is not too heavy the tree boom is very useful.