Front loader for a L175

Ben_Browder

Equipment
L175
Oct 7, 2021
Ohio
Just bought a universal front loader for my L175 but I am having a hard time finding a pulley to go on my front PTO shaft and my local dealer was no help. If anyone can give me some help finding a pulley and mounting the external hydraulic pump I’d appreciate it.
25B5C234-AED6-46D3-9EBF-EF987D2794D9.jpeg

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The proper installation, if you really want to use a separate engine driven pump, is to have the pump connected to the splined end of the engine crankshaft by a short shaft with a flex coupling in the middle to deal with any misalignment issues.

Finding the correct splined fitting is a challenge.

Here are three poor quality photos of the type of pump drive I am referring to.
B series front pump 1.jpg

B series front pump 2.jpg

B series front pump 3.jpg

It is more common to use the tractor hydraulics to power a loader. You may loose a bit of speed but the convenience of not having to maintain a separate hydraulic system with filter and hoses can be attractive.

Do some searching of the forum for posts by rbargeron on the subject of hydraulics. He knows the old L's very well and his posts may contain the hardware necessary to draw hydraulic power from the existing system.

Look on kubotabooks.com in the loader section for material on the 1200 series loader which was the model intended for L series tractors.

kubotabooks

Found a better pump drive photo.

Front mounted hydraulic pump.jpg

Dave

Last edited:

Ben_Browder

Equipment
L175
Oct 7, 2021
Ohio
The proper installation, if you really want to use a separate engine driven pump, is to have the pump connected to the splined end of the engine crankshaft by a short shaft with a flex coupling in the middle to deal with any misalignment issues.

Finding the correct splined fitting is a challenge.

Here are three poor quality photos of the type of pump drive I am referring to. View attachment 67406

View attachment 67407

View attachment 67408

It is more common to use the tractor hydraulics to power a loader. You may loose a bit of speed but the convenience of not having to maintain a separate hydraulic system with filter and hoses can be attractive.

Do some searching of the forum for posts by rbargeron on the subject of hydraulics. He knows the old L's very well and his posts may contain the hardware necessary to draw hydraulic power from the existing system.

Look on kubotabooks.com in the loader section for material on the 1200 series loader which was the model intended for L series tractors.

kubotabooks

Found a better pump drive photo.

View attachment 67409

Dave
Thank you so much that does seem a little easier coming straight out from the front then what I was thinking of coming out the side. I was thinking about using the tractors hydraulics but I didn’t think my pump would work. But I’ll try and do some more digging on that to.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Here's how it's done on the L35. I don't know if the splines on the coupling (part 070) would fit. The rest of the parts could be made.
Do you have room to run a shaft under the radiator?
Don't oversize the pump for your valve capacity.
Screenshot_20211010-141232-699.png

Ben_Browder

Equipment
L175
Oct 7, 2021
Ohio
I believe mine is a 1in 21 spline and I do have room to go under the radiator. And I have a 2
Here's how it's done on the L35. I don't know if the splines on the coupling (part 070) would fit. The rest of the parts could be made.
View attachment 67459
Mine I believe is a 1in 21 Spline, I do have room to go under the radiator. And I found the right pump to go with my loader pressure lines.
View attachment 67459

mwood1129

Equipment
Kubota l175
Nov 28, 2021
Usa
Where and what brand loader did you find ? I’m looking for one for my L175 too.
Mike