Front Hitch

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Have had the need for a front hitch for a long time,decided it was time.
Cut up a truck hitch and used the square welded to the round tube, extended it to front bracket mount. image.jpg
Should be atrong enough.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I had a receiver hitch welded to my FEL. I can just drive up to a trailer, rotate my bucket and move trailers out of my way when mowing, I can possibly post pictures but this is all new to me.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I dont have the front end loader, so this at least gives me an option, especially when mower is on the three point. Was attempting to run a second mower offset out front but my plan seems to be a little more difficult than anticipated.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
That looks pretty cool. I'd like to put one on my 7100 but I've got the suitcase weights up front that get in the way. I've been trying to come up with front weight designs that are a little more compact and integrates the Reese receiver.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I used it today to move a large pontoon boat. Now i dont have to drop mower to move stuff. Have a push bar,6 feet long with a trailer coupler on each end. Dead pickup? No problem, drop bar on ball and connect to tractor front ball. Push truck into shop. No helper? Put tractor in low low 1st gear and walk between
The two steering it into place. Slow, but doable without help. And it will pull too.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Put tractor in low low 1st gear and walk between
The two steering it into place. Slow, but doable without help.
That's cool, would really freak out a bystander!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
The other option is to blow a hole into a fork or bucket. Drop the ball in when you need it.
Aparrently a hole in fork compromises the integrity of it. My forklift has a hole.
Hole in bucket, cant see to grab trailer. So ball goes on top of bucket.

Again , i have no loader on L1501. Next is gathering pieces to build an adjustable ball mount, where i can roll up and grab trailer without dismounting tractor.

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I have a 2" hitch receiver on the top of my FEL bucket which works great, but it is somewhat limited in how big a trailer you can move. Also, the top of the bucket is often a little too high to get underneath some trailer tongues without using a big drop-hitch on the tractor. My next modification is to weld another receiver onto the back of my box-blade. This will increase the lifting capacity as well as make it easier to tow a longer distance, rather than going backwards all the time.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
You could make a 90* adapter, then tip over your bucket to get under lower tongues. But then I use receiver hitches as a quick multi-mount for all sorts of stuff, so having a 90* adapter is just part of the collection. The rear hitch will be handy for longer moves, but nothing maneuvers a trailer in tight spaces like a front hitch.