Front drive shaft universal joint

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, I was rototilling yesterday and the day before, I noticed. Sound coming from underneath the tractor, towards the front. I believe it is the universal Joint on the front wheel drive shaft.

Is there anyone here that serviced this on the B2410? I looked underneeth, it is so tight, especially on the back, coming out of the gearbox, I have no idea how to approach this.

Looked at the service manual not much on this if anything,

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Have you worked on yours yet? Just wondered I'm looking like mine may have an issue on my b2710 next weekend I'll have to tear it apart

spittinfire

May 4, 2021
NC
I had to pull the front axle on my B2710 and was able to get it out. I had to play with it a bit to get it oriented just right but it came out. You aren't going to get it out without taking either the axle out or splitting the tractor. The POS B that I bought it getting both in the near future so I can let you know my preference soon.

spittinfire

May 4, 2021
NC
I should add that the previous owner of my tractor decided to either remove or not replace the driveshaft cover so if you have that cover in place it may add another layer. I plan to put it back on so we'll see how that goes.

Reactions: 1 user