Front Cab Lights

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
jb why don't you post a wiring schematic to show others how you fused relayed and switched your project? ;) That will be a big help to guys who don't know how... please share your knowledge....

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
If your switch contacts fry as time goes by, put a relay in your battery fused circuit to the numbered 30 pin looping also on to pin 86, of your relay of choice, use 12 gauge wire for the heavy current the light can develop at idle, then run a 16 gauge to your new switch from the numbered 85 pin and run the open switch pin to a good chassis ground so when you flip the switch it completes the circuit to ground and the power flows ( heavy current draw ) out to the number 87 pin to the lights wired in parallel for a long lasting safe installation. If you want a picture I can get you one jb.... old OB1. :)

Last edited:

jb62901

Sep 8, 2009
Cassopolis, Mi. SW Corner Mi.
Thanks Old OB1 for the info. I went with 12 guage wire, 25/12v amp switch. I did some looking before the install, found 12 watts/12v=1 amp so each light draws 3 amps totaling 6 amps. Should be good to go with the 6 amp draw. Thanks again for your input. John

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Okay sounds safe with 25 watt lamps but if you add rear lights which I have on all my Kubotas please consider using a relay and carry your return wires back to the battery (-) pole for a good electro-mechanical designed tractor system. Vibration and corrosion are our worst enemies with lights and accessories John.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Okay sounds safe with 25 watt lamps but if you add rear lights which I have on all my Kubotas please consider using a relay and carry your return wires back to the battery (-) pole for a good electro-mechanical designed tractor system. Vibration and corrosion are our worst enemies with lights and accessories John.

Great lights and you'll love'em but OB1 is absolutely right. Put in relays. I'd put them in anyway if I were doing the install. It's a great insurance policy.