Found bolt under BX on garage floor

BigPapi

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, 60" LP Landscape Rake and 48" LP Box Blade
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
I found a bolt and washer under my BX today lying on my garage floor. Crawled underneath with light looking everywhere that I could and couldn't find anything missing. Anyone have any thoughts what it may go to? I attached a few pics and the bolt head size is 10mm. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
8MM Shoulder bolt?
Did you check the land plane (or box blade) whatever that is in your avatar?
The bolt looks pretty new too.

BigPapi

Equipment
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
8MM Shoulder bolt?
Did you check the land plane (or box blade) whatever that is in your avatar?
The bolt looks pretty new too.
I did and didn’t see anything that small on the box blade. Will be double checking everything again today.

BigPapi

Equipment
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
No paint on it makes me question if it is even from your BX.
Actually the majority of the bolts on the undercarriage of the Kubota are not painted. Most are all larger though!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I did and didn’t see anything that small on the box blade. Will be double checking everything again today.
8MM JIS flange bolts are used all over Kubota equipment. It also has the unique Kubota "7" grade marking on the head. I would say very likely it came off the tractor or a Kubota implement.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Agreed the '7' is kinda a Kubota thing.
In my experience with my L35, 8mm are used on seat area, fenders (controls), steering area, and engine area - but I don't know the BX very well

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
NO dirt !!! yeesh, it's waaay tooo clean.
If you get the metric sizes, you 'could' spend a 1/2hr on the Kubota parts pages and locate it...
..probably used in several areas though.

it 'look' close to an M8x32mm long, so look for 'something' about an inch thick, needing a pretty 'fender 'washer'.

looked online, didn't see any obvious bolt with fender washer in the drawings....

Last edited:

BigPapi

Equipment
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
NO dirt !!! yeesh, it's waaay tooo clean.
If you get the metric sizes, you 'could' spend a 1/2hr on the Kubota parts pages and locate it...
..probably used in several areas though.

it 'look' close to an M8x32mm long, so look for 'something' about an inch thick, needing a pretty 'fender 'washer'.

looked online, didn't see any obvious bolt with fender washer in the drawings....
Thanks for looking online. Tractor is pretty new, just bought it last summer. And about the “7” on the bolt; many others have them stamped on there as well (even larger bolts) so it must be common with the Kubota’s.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
'7' may be the 'grade' of the bolt.
problem for me is it's too clean ! Whereve that washer fell off MY tractor would be REAL obvious, leaving a nice clean orange circle in a sea of brown....

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
look under the seat for any missing hardware. Also look around the rear fender area, and where the "winker lights" mount.

if nothing stands out at you, head to the dealer with that bolt--go back to the service guys and find the new vehicle assembly guy. See if he recognizes it as a crate bolt from a bx2380. Probably not since bx's are in reusable crates, but it won't hurt to ask.

Ogarret

Mar 20, 2022
South Carolina
I lost a bolt that holds tool box and slow moving vehicle sign frame on back of B2601. Probably never installed during PDI. Also have a missing bolt where seat belt bracket connects to rear fender. I would check in the seating area as mentioned above.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I think I know where the bolt goes. There is one like that next to the brake pedal, attaching the black plastic frame to the floor for the radiator intake screen. There is another on the other side of the frame by the "forward pedal".

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I found a bolt and washer under my BX today lying on my garage floor. Crawled underneath with light looking everywhere that I could and couldn't find anything missing. Anyone have any thoughts what it may go to? I attached a few pics. Thanks in advance!
A nearly new tractor? Could it be a forgotten/dropped remnant of its packing crating? Sat around on the tractor somewhere until it decided to roll off in you shop?

BigPapi

Equipment
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
I think I know where the bolt goes. There is one like that next to the brake pedal, attaching the black plastic frame to the floor for the radiator intake screen. There is another on the other side of the frame by the "forward pedal".
Thank you, will check that out when I get home from work!
Update: Checked and close on the bolt size/type, but just didn't see it or where anything is missing. Thanks anyhow.

Last edited:

BigPapi

Equipment
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
Just a quick follow up to this… I checked with the dealer and they felt that the bolt was most likely left somewhere unfastened on the tractor during the build process and eventually just fell off.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
well THAT is scary !!!! I'd wnat someone qualified to inspect 100% of the tractor to be sure 'something' isn't ready to fall off, or get twisted or ????

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
well THAT is scary !!!! I'd wnat someone qualified to inspect 100% of the tractor to be sure 'something' isn't ready to fall off, or get twisted or ????
they're manufactured, designed, built, and then transported, shipped, assembled, and checked by people. All people are imperfect. Occasionally you'll run into this kind of thing.

I been doing dealer work for a few different dealers for a long time. Kubota's issues are nothing in comparison. One bolt in this instance. I've seen equipment show up missing entire bed sides, or engine not bolted down properly or loose clutches, you get the idea. Thats why they have a limited warranty, to help protect YOU from these kinds of defects.