Fork extenders

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
I have the need to reach couple items in my barn. Read a thread here some time back bout extending the forks with 10ft 4inch ID pvc. Well 4 inch wont fit over my forks.

Would maybe bale spear work. Items weigh no more than 100lbs but i need to reach bout 10ft.

Thoughts please

Added: just to clarify i was thinking of the spear only. Welded to my forks is a bushing to accept wht i believe is a 1 3/4" od spear.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
5" PVC ? Not trying to be funny, but it does come in bigger sizes....
I've got some 'odd' 3.5" PVC here...leftovers from Bell Canada wire installations.

What I have used last years was simple 2by4s and 2by6s to extend the forks.
I did this to move my 9by12 tractor sheds.
Cheap ,easy to screw assemble and would easily take the 100# load you talked about !

Jay

Highmarket

Equipment
B2650hsdc
Jan 15, 2019
Constableville NY Tughill
I have the need to reach couple items in my barn. Read a thread here some time back bout extending the forks with 10ft 4inch ID pvc. Well 4 inch wont fit over my forks.

Would maybe bale spear work. Items weigh no more than 100lbs but i need to reach bout 10ft.

Thoughts please

Added: just to clarify i was thinking of the spear only. Welded to my forks is a bushing to accept wht i believe is a 1 3/4" od spear.
Titan makes fork extenders I picked up a pair 72" long. Nice and solid. Not sure about 10'

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
5" PVC ? Not trying to be funny, but it does come in bigger sizes....
I've got some 'odd' 3.5" PVC here...leftovers from Bell Canada wire installations.

What I have used last years was simple 2by4s and 2by6s to extend the forks.
I did this to move my 9by12 tractor sheds.
Cheap ,easy to screw assemble and would easily take the 100# load you talked about !

Jay
I cant believe i did not think about wood. I found this afternoon a hay bale spear and thought about putting 2x2 box steel or PVC over it.

So, since this is only used couple times believe i will take your suggestion and move out.. Cant believe that did not. Come to mind, thanks.