Custom Made Winterfront Kits for your Kubota Tractor

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Winter Front kits are available to fit the following Kubota tractor models:

BX****, BX23S, BX 80 Series (BX1880, 2380, etc.) B2601, B2650/B3350, LX2610/LX3310, 60 Series (L3560, L3560LE, Grand L, etc.)

These 3-piece sets (front & 2 sides) custom fit the above models. Made to be an easy on/off without requiring any tools by using magnets to hold them in place. (The BX winter fronts are one piece that fit the screen opening under the steering wheel.)

DSC05686_1.jpg DSC05684_1.jpg DSC05685_1.jpg

The following threads have write ups with description, pics, benefits, reviews, etc., for each model:

BX & BX 80 Series Winterfront Covers

B2650 B3350 Winter Front Covers (This is the original write up with lots of comments)

LX2610 LX3310 Winter Front Covers

B2601 Winter Front Covers

L60 Series Winterfront Covers

Grand L60 Series Winterfront Covers

Current Prices: (includes shipping for US destinations)

B2650 or B3350: $225 per set. Shipping to Canada $25US extra

LX2610 or LX3310: $245 per set. Shipping to Canada $30US extra.

Kubota B2601: $205 per set. Shipping to Canada $20US extra.

Kubota L3560, Grand L 60, and other '60 series: $265 per set. Shipping to Canada extra.

BX2230, BX23S, BX1880, BX2380 (BX80 series) tractors. Start a conversation for info.
Currently priced at $85 delivered in the U,S. Shipping to Canada will incur a small extra postage surcharge.

To Order: "Start a conversation"
Contact me via email: dbratager (at) midco (dot) (net)
Make sure to check your "trash or junk" folder if you don't see a response from me.

Interested in a set of covers for your model if not listed
: Contact me and we’ll try work something up.

Some interesting threads and pics:
Air Filter Clogged With Snow

Key Words: winterfront, winter front, weather front, heat hauser, weather enclosure, weather protection, weatherbreak

Last edited:

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice product, have the set in my garage just ready to put on. So far it hasn’t been cold enough to need yet...I am sure it will be soon.

Great service from the seller too!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Wouldn't this cause an overheating issue?
wacnstac, as I described in the thread referenced above, on my B2650 while using all the covers the tractor's engine temp didn't start to significantly rise until the outside temps were in the +10°F to +15°F or above range. Then you simply start removing the covers as needed. You just need to watch your tractors temp gauge. Especially, once the outside temps are getting above 0°F. In temps below 0°F and colder they sure help to keep the engine temps in the midrange, hydraulic oil warm, diesel from gelling, and ice/snow from building up on or under the hood. Maybe some of the others that have purchased the set will chime in and give their opinion too. Some have given their reviews in that same thread. Thanks for your interest.
Regards,
David

sliverr

Oct 25, 2016
US
Hey Dave how much would it cost to just the cover in the front under the headlights and not the side covers if that's a options thanks..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hey Dave how much would it cost to just the cover in the front under the headlights and not the side covers if that's a options thanks..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Hi sliverr, I haven't sold just the front cover by itself yet but certainly can. Let me do some thinking and I'll send you a message. The front is a larger piece, generates more material waste, and takes longer to sew. Let me think about that and I'll have a price for you shortly. Thanks for your interest. I know the shipping also costs the same whether I ship one piece or three. You posed a good question!
David

Edit: Thought about it overnight and here's what I propose and will do the same for anybody else interested in just the front grill cover only at this time. Since most of the work and time goes into the front cover I will ship to your door (in the contiguous states here in the US) for $110. Shipping to Canada or elsewhere will have to include a small additional fee depending on location. If you later decide to add the side panels you sure can do that too. Just the front cover might be a great solution for those that still have to move snow or work in temperatures that don't drop much below 0°F. Thanks, sliverr for your interest and question!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I wonder how close the fit would be for a B7510? Likely not close enough, darn it! Would love a set to keep the snow off the engine during snow blower operations...

wacnstac

Equipment
loader, forks, box blade, disc
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI
I generally don't run in that cold of temperatures when blowing snow. My primary interest in this is to prevent snow ingestion into the air filter when the snow is really flying.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I generally don't run in that cold of temperatures when blowing snow. My primary interest in this is to prevent snow ingestion into the air filter when the snow is really flying.
wacnstac, just the front part might be all you'd need in that case. You could sure give that a try.
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I've caught up with the orders and now have a couple of sets ready to go for anybody interested. A big thanks to all who have purchased this season!!
Regards,
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Kubota B3350 B2650 Winter front, Grille covers update:
I have a couple of new sets ready to go again, so no wait time for anybody interested. Also, a member here (username: Vanquisher) had purchased a set from me and soon after found out Kubota’s front cover was due him. So now he has both and would like to part with an unneeded piece. If you’re interested in an official Kubota front piece or otherwise, please contact him for details or options. These will fit either the B3350 or the B2650 models. Here's a link to Vanquisher's post: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=374245#post374245

Regards,
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
A kind offer from a B3350 owner allowed me to use his Kubota front mask to see how well my side skirts would match up to it. Surprisingly, they were a perfect fit. With that result, I can offer a set of two side skirts for sale to those B3350 owners that already have their Kubota front mask. They will be a plug and play fit and being easy on/off just like the Kubota mask. 2019/2020 winter price: $95 delivered in the US contiguous states. Canada: $15 US funds Additional. See some pics matched up with the Kubota mask here:
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44921

wijg

Equipment
B3350 Cab-FEL, MMM, Plow. RTV X1100C w/Plow. L2350
Jul 15, 2019
GAINESVILLE
I bought a set of these winter grill covers from Bird Dog last fall. They are very nicely built and fit perfectly. He was excellent to work with as well.

It has not been very cold here (Northern Virginia) and we have gotten zero snow, so I have only had minimal opportunity to test if these fix my cold weather Regen issue. I am pretty confident they have, though. I got to use the tractor twice when temps were hovering around freezing this winter while using the grille covers. It kept the engine temperature up nicely and a regen ran successfully during one of the uses. I believe every other cold weather regen failed previously and shut the tractor off for about 30 mins or so.

Someone asked about overheating. My experience so far (and I have the cab for reference): I used all 3 covers, the two sides and the front. I was able to run full throttle full time without the heat indicator going above 4 bars (well within normal range). The only time it started to rise is after I turned the AC on. Then I removed the front cover and it came down to 3 bars.

I highly recommend these covers for anyone who needs more heat in their (compatible) tractor and especially if you have a 3350 and use it in the cold.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Still making these? I’d probably buy a couple sets. Up in Canada
Hi cdika17, and yes I've just started gearing up and sewing a few sets again. In fact, I've just sent a couple sets recently to Canada. It's hard to pin down how they charge for shipping but I've found the cheapest is to mail via USPS First Class and a single set to Canada adds between $15-$20 for the extra shipping charges. I'm guessing if you were to have two sets sent that the shipping would be less than double that. I could find out. I'll send you a PM or feel free to send me one also.

Very soon, I'll have a set of covers that will fit the new model LX2610 and presumably the LX3310.

Thanks for your interest!
david

PM sent your way.

Last edited:

Map1

Equipment
B2650
Nov 15, 2020
Mont-Tremblant Qc Canada
Hi cdika17, and yes I've just started gearing up and sewing a few sets again. In fact, I've just sent a couple sets recently to Canada. It's hard to pin down how they charge for shipping but I've found the cheapest is to mail via USPS First Class and a single set to Canada adds between $15-$20 for the extra shipping charges. I'm guessing if you were to have two sets sent that the shipping would be less than double that. I could find out. I'll send you a PM or feel free to send me one also.

Very soon, I'll have a set of covers that will fit the new model LX2610 and presumably the LX3310.

Thanks for your interest!
david

PM sent your way.

Hi there I would like to order a set for a B2650 in eastern Canada