Custom Made Winterfront Kits for your Kubota Tractor

LittleBigJim

Equipment
2015 Kubota B3350
Mar 3, 2021
Gibbonsville, Id
This 3 piece set (Front & 2 sides) fits both models. They are made to be an easy on/off without requiring any tools as they are held in place with magnets.
View attachment 39926

View attachment 39927

View attachment 39928

See this thread for my write up with description, pics, benefits, reviews, etc.
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...41&highlight=b2650+weather+front+grille+cover

2020 Winter Price: $170 per set (includes shipping for US) Shipping to Canada extra

New LX2610 or LX3310 covers are also available: See Post #21 below for pics and details.

"Start a Conversation" with me for availability and to order.
Or contact me via email: dbratager (at) midco (dot) (net)
I am seriously thinking of purchasing a set of these as soon as my next check comes in. Thanks for posting. I will get ahold of you when I am ready. Thanks, LittleBig
Jim

LittleBigJim

Equipment
2015 Kubota B3350
Mar 3, 2021
Gibbonsville, Id
I have a little longer term review of my covers .

For temps in the 20's and below, I put all 3 covers on. Tractor warms up quickly. In the low 20s, I was at 2 bars within about 10 minutes. In the teens, it takes just slightly longer. Once I see 3 bars on my temp gauge (LX2610HSDC), I pull the left cover off, roll it up and put it behind the seat. If I'm working it harder, like with the snowblower an I see temps to 4 bars, I pull off the right side cover also.

With just the front cover on, I maintain 3 bars and never have to think about loading the front grill with snow or getting any in the engine compartment. I'll now leave the front cover on all the time until temps are above freezing.
If I don't have 4 bars on my B3350, it will not run through the proper regen cycle in cold weather. Is this too high of a temputure for this tractor ?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I am seriously thinking of purchasing a set of these as soon as my next check comes in. Thanks for posting. I will get ahold of you when I am ready. Thanks, LittleBig
Jim
Not to worry, LittleBigJim, there'll be a set for you whether it's this year or next. I just thought I'd post those links cuz there's some good reading from other's experience in operating in our cold northern temps. Our tractors don't waste any HP in excess heat and can use all the help we can give them in keeping the temps in the operating range they like. :)

Here's another post that you might find beneficial and something to watch out for while snowblowing:
(1) Air filter clogged with snow | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

Even the new LX models have their air intake in the same spot and can suffer from snow ingestion into the air filters.

Reactions: 1 user

LittleBigJim

Equipment
2015 Kubota B3350
Mar 3, 2021
Gibbonsville, Id
Is 4 bars on the temperature gauge to hot for my B3350 ???? 4 bars is what it takes for the regen to properly run through its cycle. I have had it up to 5 bars for a short time, but took it back down to 4 by removing more cardboard in front of radiator.
Thoughts ????

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
If I don't have 4 bars on my B3350, it will not run through the proper regen cycle in cold weather. Is this too high of a temputure for this tractor ?
Is 4 bars on the temperature gauge to hot for my B3350 ???? 4 bars is what it takes for the regen to properly run through its cycle. I have had it up to 5 bars for a short time, but took it back down to 4 by removing more cardboard in front of radiator.
Thoughts ????
4 bars is hardly above midrange on the B2650 and is minimally where I like to run it, especially in the winter to prevent and burn off condensation inside the oil sump, etc. You might borrow or buy a hand held infra red heat gun (less than $20) to check your actual temps at your 4 bar heat gauge range. I'm betting your well within the operating range and it's better for your engine than running it too cold in the winter.

You should re post your two questions above in the "Tractor Operating" forum and you might get a much better response as this is in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section. Here's the Tractor Operating forum: Tractor Operating | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

And a big "Welcome to OTT!!"

David

Reactions: 2 users

Fatfenders

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, LX2980 64" Commercial Snow Blower, FEL w/60" QA bucket, BB1260 Box
Dec 1, 2019
Tomahawk, WI
I cannot answer your question from any standpoint of expertise. All I can tell you, on my LX2610 (different engine), when my tractor gets to 4 bars and I pull off that 1st side cover, the air now coming out is HOT. I will have to test actual block temp with my IR Temp sensor next time I use them.

Bird Dogger - One thing I started doing when only running the front cover and engine temp got to 3 bars, I'd fold back the cover on the left side to allow some air to be pulled through the front side hood vent, through the radiator. An update could be a flap over that vent that could be velcroed closed when cold and opened once up to temp. This is what I did when air temps were in the teens or less and engine was up to temp.
20210307_091139[1].jpg

Attachments

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I cannot answer your question from any standpoint of expertise. All I can tell you, on my LX2610 (different engine), when my tractor gets to 4 bars and I pull off that 1st side cover, the air now coming out is HOT. I will have to test actual block temp with my IR Temp sensor next time I use them.

Bird Dogger - One thing I started doing when only running the front cover and engine temp got to 3 bars, I'd fold back the cover on the left side to allow some air to be pulled through the front side hood vent, through the radiator. An update could be a flap over that vent that could be velcroed closed when cold and opened once up to temp. This is what I did when air temps were in the teens or less and engine was up to temp. View attachment 55978
Hi Fatfenders,
It would be nice to hear what temps your engine (coolant and oil) is at when your gauge is at 3 and 4 bars. If it's getting to the point where you'd like it to run cooler but still have the front cover in place that velcro opening could be an option. Since the new LX model's hoods are larger across the front I think that would be the easiest place to incorporate that opening. The magnets along the outer side edges are needed to hold that large front piece taut and in place. A side opening might not allow it to be held in place as well. But would a velcro opening in the front allow that snow mist inside the hood and into the air intake again? If the side opening could be done, that might be the best on the side away from the air scoop? I'll look at my pattern and see what might work. If we can come up with something, I'll add that to the LX pattern and can update the ones that are in use currently. With the new models just being introduced and the variables in outside temps, engine loading it's hard to know what's needed or will work the best. Or at what point do you just remove the covers completely. But if we could tweak the front cover a bit to make it even more temperature adjustable, that would be great. Let's do it! It would only mean some added velcro and some extra sewing, which shouldn't be too difficult. Could you email or PM me your thoughts/ideas (opening size/location, etc.) and I'll get out my pattern and do some thinking.

I've kind of tried to stay away from using Velcro as sooner or later that stuff seems to wear out. But this wouldn't get that much use so it might still be ok in the long run. Maybe there's some other type of fastener material that might work ok or be better in the long run. If anybody would have an idea on that please let me know.

Also, I don't have an LX model near me. Could you take some detailed pics of the front side grill openings and send them to me? That would help greatly to size and locate that opening properly. And thanks for your thoughts and ideas!!

David

Fatfenders

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, LX2980 64" Commercial Snow Blower, FEL w/60" QA bucket, BB1260 Box
Dec 1, 2019
Tomahawk, WI
<snip to shorten post>

David
Doesn't look like I'll be doing any temperature checks anytime soon here under those cold ambient temps as we have middle 50s coming this week and nothing below freezing in the forseable future. Might be something to revisit next Winter.

Regarding a mod to the existing front cover, I think the front cover could be left attached as intended with the magnets around the perimeter. I may try cutting a flap roughly following the outline of that side hood opening top and bottom. Looking at my picture above, you can see about 2/3 back in the opening, there's a vertical line on the black cover. Forward of that line is the only open portion of that grill. That flap could be cut at that line, leaving the front edge as a pseudo hinge.

With the engine running, the flap would be held tight with the vacuum created by the radiator fan as the opening is an air intake. When the engine gets up to temp, I could simply fold that flap toward the front of the tractor, tucking it under the cover. Naugahyde seems rather robust and I do treat my covers with care, so even if cut, I would expect the flap would be very durable.

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Doesn't look like I'll be doing any temperature checks anytime soon here under those cold ambient temps as we have middle 50s coming this week and nothing below freezing in the forseable future. Might be something to revisit next Winter.

Regarding a mod to the existing front cover, I think the front cover could be left attached as intended with the magnets around the perimeter. I may try cutting a flap roughly following the outline of that side hood opening top and bottom. Looking at my picture above, you can see about 2/3 back in the opening, there's a vertical line on the black cover. Forward of that line is the only open portion of that grill. That flap could be cut at that line, leaving the front edge as a pseudo hinge.

With the engine running, the flap would be held tight with the vacuum created by the radiator fan as the opening is an air intake. When the engine gets up to temp, I could simply fold that flap toward the front of the tractor, tucking it under the cover. Naugahyde seems rather robust and I do treat my covers with care, so even if cut, I would expect the flap would be very durable.
Yup, I see the line you're talking about. I'll do some thinking and experimenting too. In the end, when we come up with the final solution we'll just exchange your front cover for the latest greatest mod. Will do the same for the other LX owners that would want to do that also. Your idea might be a real easy mod.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Could you use snaps, zippering or some lacing? Could you make the flap open on 3 sides (top and two sides) so it could just hang down as it is unsnapped? I recall seeing the large diesel trucks with some type of folding method to open up the radiator when needed but never close enough to really understand what was done.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

Bird Dogger - One thing I started doing when only running the front cover and engine temp got to 3 bars, I'd fold back the cover on the left side to allow some air to be pulled through the front side hood vent, through the radiator. An update could be a flap over that vent that could be velcroed closed when cold and opened once up to temp. This is what I did when air temps were in the teens or less and engine was up to temp.
I took my snowblower off yesterday to use the tractor/grapple while picking up deadfall and gathered up branches in the woods. With a record daily high temp yesterday of 57°F, I forgot to remove the 3 piece set of covers when I parked the snowblower. It didn’t take long for the temp gauge to reach 3 bars displayed when I remembered the covers in place. Watching the temp gauge, it never displayed more than 4 bars. I shot some temps with the IR heat gun and the oil sump pan registered 210°F, the oil filter was at 205°F, and points on the engine block itself registered 200-225°F depending on the location. The loading wasn’t as much as running the snowblower but still wasn’t at idle either. And the outdoor temp was +57°F. The fan had to be drawing at least some outside air in from below or where ever to not let the engine temps rise above 4 bars. With engine and oil temps just over 200° it certainly doesn’t appear to be running “hot” while in that 4 bar displayed range.

Today I removed the 3 covers and continued cleaning up deadfall in the woods with the tractor and grapple. Another daily record high here for March with a temperature of +63°F. Doing the same work with generally the same operating procedures, the temperature gauge on the B2650 ranged between 2 and 3 bars displayed. With the same IR heat gun after hours of running, (same as yesterday), the oil pan registered 150°F, the oil filter was at 145°F, and the engine block averaged 170° +/- a few degrees depending on location. Certainly not hot by any means and maybe on the cool side of standard operating temps, especially for winter….up here anyway?

Fatfenders, when you get a chance, it would be nice to know some actual temps (IR heatgun) when your LX is in that 4 bar displayed range. It might not be as hot as it seems. But with the new LX models, who knows? Both OTT member “Eagle” and I reported pretty much the same results on our B2650s last winter without each other knowing at the same time. I reported also that the temperature response was very linear in that it took steadily increasing and sustained load to get the next higher reading on the gauge. I’ve never seen my over temp light come on. It’ll be interesting to see if the new LX models respond in the same manner.

Depending on how the LX models react, if it’s somewhat similar to the B2650 it might not be necessary to modify that front grill cover. Some experimenting while shooting some temps with an IR heat gun would be the real test to know where the actual temps are at. If we really didn’t need to do that mod it would be nice to just keep it simple and keep the price as low as it is compared to just factory front piece cover. To do it up right, by the time an opening was marked out, cut, reinforced, and zippers/Velcro sewn in place it all adds up to substantial time. But it can be done! Especially if necessary.

Or it could become an additional option til more experience is gained?

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Could you use snaps, zippering or some lacing? Could you make the flap open on 3 sides (top and two sides) so it could just hang down as it is unsnapped? I recall seeing the large diesel trucks with some type of folding method to open up the radiator when needed but never close enough to really understand what was done.
Something could be found to allow for opening/closing of a "flap". The search for the "right" fastener/zipper would be the issue. Velcro always gets dirty and wears out eventually. Snaps can become stubborn and rip/tear away from the materials used. Finding the right zipper or zippers might be the way to go. But they can wear out (plastic), or scratch paint (metal). And the grill openings are usually plastic or aluminum so you can't use magnets easily. If needed though, we should be able to come up with something.

But if you don't really need that extra little vent until it REALLY warms up.....then it's also just time to take the covers off completely and keep them simple and reasonably priced. With the new LX models just out and in use now, it's hard to know where that transition point from covers to no covers is and if there's anything else needed during that short period. We'll have to experiment and see if something is worth the extra time and money to do that. It's certainly worth looking into. Thanks for the questions, Russel!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may also be able to sew magnets into the opening edge and have metal or more magnets on the flap?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I still have a whole roll of paper! :ROFLMAO:
I did make a template that wrapped the entire front of the tractor that’s got to count for something!

• Haha

Oldmanbs

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, LA535, LX2963, Land Pride back blade, B-422 tiller, posthole digger
Jul 27, 2021
Buffalo Minnesota
My winter front covers to fit the new LX2610 and LX3310 tractors are now available for purchase.
View attachment 51551
You can see more pics of them here: Kubota LX2610 and LX3310 Winter Front Grille Covers | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

2020/21 winter price: $190 shipped to US addresses

Canada: $190 U.S. plus $20 U.S. additional postage (the extra weight of these covers put them in the next higher postage bracket, unfortunately.)

For more info or to order please "start a conversation" or send me an email at the address listed in Post #1

Regards,
David
Hello Bird Dogger, I just got my new LX2610HSDC and I’m interested in a set of covers for the new machine, what is the turnaround time and price for a new set sent to Minnesota, are they still $190.00 US, and do you offer a military discount? Wife and I are both veterans and I’m 100% service connected. Do you take PayPal, plastic, cash, or check? Thank you in advance for your valuable time and information. Brian.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hello Bird Dogger, I just got my new LX2610HSDC and I’m interested in a set of covers for the new machine, what is the turnaround time and price for a new set sent to Minnesota, are they still $190.00 US, and do you offer a military discount? Wife and I are both veterans and I’m 100% service connected. Do you take PayPal, plastic, cash, or check? Thank you in advance for your valuable time and information. Brian.
Hi Brian, first.....Thank you both for your service!! I've been gearing up and getting a little sewing in between the fall chores here. I have a couple of sets sewn up now, so turn around time is negligible.
I haven't quite figured out this year's price. There might be a very minor price increase due to postage and materials, but it should be minimal. Since it's still early in the year and for you the price will stay the same.
I'll send you a "message" shortly.
Thanks for your interest and a most sincere "Thanks, for your service!"
David

Forgot to say Congrats!! on your new mechanical steed!! That's one nice tractor!
Also, Conversation started.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

IanB

Equipment
B2650, RC72-30B mower, LA534 FEL, B2781A-63 snowblower
Aug 31, 2021
Manitoba
My winter front arrived yesterday!

It's really just hovering around freezing at nights here so far but I wasn't able to get my tractor up to 3 bars on the temp guage recently while using it around the yard, so I figured this could come in handly when it actually does get cold.

So despite not needing them yet, I installed them right away, lol.

They fit great, and install quickly. If I ever had issues with it running too hot, just grab and pull and you can remove any of the panels in seconds, or I guess bunch it up like @Fatfenders so some air can get in and through the rad.

Do you like my B2650's winter tux? Thanks David!

PS: don't mind my mangled brush guard, PO's modification.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

dmbjohn

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC FEL60"SSQA ,LP 60" BB, HLA 42" forks, Ingersoll 4118 snowblower
Apr 8, 2017
New Era, MI
Thanks again for the covers, they fit great! Cant wait to get some colder weather to see how everything works out.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Bump to the top for bird dogger

fastdude

Equipment
LX2610 cab FEL 60" tiller 60" finish mower 60" rough cut 60" box blade SGC066
Jun 1, 2021
Alberta
Do you or have thought about making glass covers for trailering cabbed tractors? Thanks