Custom Made Winterfront Kits for your Kubota Tractor

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Do you or have thought about making glass covers for trailering cabbed tractors? Thanks
fastdude, that's an interesting idea. You're the first that's mentioned that possibility. Not sure if this style of covers would stay in place at highway speeds or not? If you had an idea for something you'd be interested in.....I'd be willing to help you out. If there was enough interest in them it might be worth while to work up a pattern and make some templates. I don't think these covers as is would stop a stone from chipping/cracking a window without some substantial padding. But they could stop the sandblasting affect from multiple trailerings.

fastdude

Equipment
LX2610 cab FEL 60" tiller 60" finish mower 60" rough cut 60" box blade SGC066
Jun 1, 2021
Alberta
bird dogger I was thinking if it was a one piece unit that would wrap around and either straps or velcro on the back and maybe a strap over top to keep it from falling. If it was double layer vinyl with a pleat of some type in between I think that would protect from most issues. Thanks

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
bird dogger I was thinking if it was a one piece unit that would wrap around and either straps or velcro on the back and maybe a strap over top to keep it from falling. If it was double layer vinyl with a pleat of some type in between I think that would protect from most issues. Thanks
I started a conversation with you. tossing out some ideas with a little brainstorming thrown in could come up with something that might work. Especially if you have to haul your tractor over gravel roads!!
David

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Could you expand on the availability and details of the cover for the BX23S? Another thought that I had, might it be possible to make the covers in an Orange material? Thanks Dusty

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Could you expand on the availability and details of the cover for the BX23S? Another thought that I had, might it be possible to make the covers in an Orange material? Thanks Dusty
Hi Dusty,
The cover that would fit the BX23S was made for a person's BX2380. He had an aftermarket cab on it that didn't seal up well. The radiator fan sucked in all the cold air from the outside and between his legs into the radiator. We made a cover to cover that grill area underneath the steering wheel in front of the radiator. He had an alternate way on his soft cab to get the cooling air into and through the radiator.

We did the same for my neighbors older BX2230 and his home mad cab. On his tractor there was a removeable plate under his battery (which is behind that same grill). We removed that plate and replaced it with a screened plate for the winter. Thus, he drew air from underneath the battery and into the radiator.
That stopped all the outside cold air from being drawn into and through his unheated home made cab.
He just swaps out that lower panel back to the original for the summer months.

Leveraddict posted a pick of his cover he recently made doing essentially the same thing. He may chime in too, or you could ask him his thoughts on how its working for him.

Availability: I'd have to check if I have one sewn up at the moment. It wouldn't take long to do one. However, I'll be gone for about 10 days over Christmas. Have to visit some family and friends, I'm told!

David

IanB

Equipment
B2650, RC72-30B mower, LA534 FEL, B2781A-63 snowblower
Aug 31, 2021
Manitoba
Update time: 1st time using the covers it was very windy, and the left side cover actually blew off the tractor (do NOT try and transport on a trailer with these covers on!), so I emailed @bird dogger to discuss, and before I could log back in he'd dreamt up a solution (additional tabs with magnets to be sewn along lower edge), made it, and shipped it to me, I was blown away! He also came up with an alternative, possibly superior solution, using a large paper binder clip to hold the lower edge tight (see pic).

I did not even try sewing the tabs on, but the binder clip worked perfectly! It was COLD this time out, and the tractor was able to idle up to 1 bar, and operated at 3 bars all night with no issues.

Solid product, with excellent support. Thanks again David!

Attachments

hawkin

Equipment
B2650hsdc, QD/LA534, front mount blower
Jul 29, 2017
Grand Forks, ND
Picked up my covers in person today.

Great fit, great product and solved my issue of snow pack around my air filter. The added heat was a bonus as it was -40 today!
David is a stand up guy making a quality product, don’t hesitate to purchase a set.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Update time: 1st time using the covers it was very windy, and the left side cover actually blew off the tractor (do NOT try and transport on a trailer with these covers on!), so I emailed @bird dogger to discuss, and before I could log back in he'd dreamt up a solution (additional tabs with magnets to be sewn along lower edge), made it, and shipped it to me, I was blown away! He also came up with an alternative, possibly superior solution, using a large paper binder clip to hold the lower edge tight (see pic).

I did not even try sewing the tabs on, but the binder clip worked perfectly! It was COLD this time out, and the tractor was able to idle up to 1 bar, and operated at 3 bars all night with no issues.

Solid product, with excellent support. Thanks again David!
Nice update, Ian!! I'm glad the paper binder clamp solution seems to be the easiest and most secure answer to operation in your windy conditions! In fact, I added that info to all of the "guide/care" sheets that go out with the covers now. It looks like they're a win/win solution.

You're on your own, though, as to what to do with the extra tabs I sent you. :) Could always add a key ring to the end and keep them on your fridge? Maybe a "clip" on the end for notes.....or you could even hang a pic of Hawaii in the tractor cab as you blow snow?......the possibilities are endless. :ROFLMAO:

The thought of trailering the tractor with these covers installed hadn't crossed my mind. That might have to be another addition to the instruction sheets. Keep warm, neighbor!!

And thanks again, Ian!!
David

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Picked up my covers in person today.

Great fit, great product and solved my issue of snow pack around my air filter. The added heat was a bonus as it was -40 today!
David is a stand up guy making a quality product, don’t hesitate to purchase a set.
Good to hear your tractor's new winter tuxedo is doing its job for you!! If you ever have issues with them, let me know! And please stop in anytime you're nearby! I'm thinking we could always find something to look at or talk about.....along with some sort of refreshment also, maybe? :)

Hopefully this -30° to -40°F weather won't last too much longer!!

David

Kubotica

Equipment
B2650, M5-91
Jan 23, 2022
Catskills
Good to hear your tractor's new winter tuxedo is doing its job for you!! If you ever have issues with them, let me know! And please stop in anytime you're nearby! I'm thinking we could always find something to look at or talk about.....along with some sort of refreshment also, maybe? :)

Hopefully this -30° to -40°F weather won't last too much longer!!

David
Hi bird dogger,
I am interested on a set for a 2019 B2650 with cab.
Can ypu please let me know if you have anything available ?

Thank you much.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi bird dogger,
I am interested on a set for a 2019 B2650 with cab.
Can ypu please let me know if you have anything available ?

Thank you much.
Hi Kubotica, Thanks for your interest!!
I do have a couple of sets sewn up and ready to mail. I'll consider one of them yours until I hear otherwise.
I started a conversation with you with regards to purchase info.
You'll find it by selecting the "envelope" icon in the upper right corner of the OTT header above.
Regards,
David

PS Great tractor, by the way!!

Kubotica

Equipment
B2650, M5-91
Jan 23, 2022
Catskills
Hi Kubotica, Thanks for your interest!!
I do have a couple of sets sewn up and ready to mail. I'll consider one of them yours until I hear otherwise.
I started a conversation with you with regards to purchase info.
You'll find it by selecting the "envelope" icon in the upper right corner of the OTT header above.
Regards,
David

PS Great tractor, by the way!!

I got your message and replied to it.
Thank you David

Rbrown

Equipment
B2650
Jan 29, 2022
Hey bird dogger,
I have a 2017 b2650. Interested in a set of your grill covers. Thank you in advance.
Ryan

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hey bird dogger,
I have a 2017 b2650. Interested in a set of your grill covers. Thank you in advance.
Ryan
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your interest! I could have a set in the mail to you on Monday. I'll start a conversation with you for the details.
David

Kubotica

Equipment
B2650, M5-91
Jan 23, 2022
Catskills
Hi David,
I installed them and they are really good. I like that they are soft when exposed to cold. Is about 5 degrees outside now and about 20-25 mph wind. Usually it takes about 15 minutes to see a bar. It took about 5 minutes to see two bar.
once I started to use the snowblower after ten minutes, I had to remove the side panels. It was climbing to 5 bar. You definitely have to keep and eye on the temperature.
I use the a/c all the times to get the humidity out and usually the temps drop to one bar. With the front panel only the temps stay at 3 bars at all times. Thank you for a great idea, product and great service. Few pics attached. Thank you 🙏

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hey bird dogger,
Ryan
Ryan,
Conversation started. You'll find it by selecting the "envelope" in the upper right corner of this page. Let me know if you have troubles. Thanks!!
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi David,
I installed them and they are really good. I like that they are soft when exposed to cold. Is about 5 degrees outside now and about 20-25 mph wind. Usually it takes about 15 minutes to see a bar. It took about 5 minutes to see two bar.
once I started to use the snowblower after ten minutes, I had to remove the side panels. It was climbing to 5 bar. You definitely have to keep and eye on the temperature.
I use the a/c all the times to get the humidity out and usually the temps drop to one bar. With the front panel only the temps stay at 3 bars at all times. Thank you for a great idea, product and great service. Few pics attached. Thank you 🙏
Hi Virgil,
Hopefully you're not getting inundated with snow out of the present storm system. Looks like you're ready for it anyway!! Nice setup you have!! Especially with those chains.
Glad you like the covers ......... and thanks for your compliments!! Once you use the covers for a bit, you'll find out what works best for your tractor/loading in the different temps.

One thing I've found on my B2650 is that once warmed up and loaded with the snow blower to that 4 bar or even 5 bar displayed on the temp gauge, it takes some sustained heavy loading to reach the next bar displayed which gives us time to make adjustments of removing sections of the covers. Once warmed up and with temps above 0° F, the front cover alone does a pretty good job of keeping the temp gauge in the mid range. Once below 0° it's nice to have the options of adding one or more side covers.

Most everybody's conditions, blower, and loading are different so it definitely pays to watch your temp gauge closely until you get more comfortable using the covers under your conditions. After that, an occasional glance every few minutes will give you plenty of time to make some changes if needed.

No worries of fuel gelling! :) Even in your pics you can see the snow sitting at the front of the hood but the engine compartment is warm enough to have prevented it from accumulating on top.

If you have an infra red heat gun you could shoot some temps at different locations with different segments displayed on your temp gauge. That would tell you where your actual temps are at under your conditions. Chances are the actual temps are lower than you think. But it's always nice to know!

Thanks for your trust, Virgil, and your purchase!

Regards, David

Kubotica

Equipment
B2650, M5-91
Jan 23, 2022
Catskills
I am aware that I will have to adjust based on outside temperatures and I am willing to play around.
I have to look into a sock or something similar for the fuel filter now. I use fuel treatment but twice now the filter start gelling and I loose power. Once the wax clogged that filter I was done. Thank God I had another filter that I changed and all good.
Thank you for your help David.

Reactions: 1 user