Custom Made Winterfront Kits for your Kubota Tractor

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am aware that I will have to adjust based on outside temperatures and I am willing to play around.
I have to look into a sock or something similar for the fuel filter now. I use fuel treatment but twice now the filter start gelling and I loose power. Once the wax clogged that filter I was done. Thank God I had another filter that I changed and all good.
Thank you for your help David.
Give it a healthy dose of Service Power in the white bottle. I exceed the recommended dosage and never have had a fuel gelling problem in the last 17 or 18 years. I just bought a case of half gallons on Amazon so I have enough for the next few years. I call it cheap insurance in the bottle.

Fatfenders

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, LX2980 64" Commercial Snow Blower, FEL w/60" QA bucket, BB1260 Box
Dec 1, 2019
Tomahawk, WI
I have a set on my LX2610 and found there is no need to run the sides, even in single digit temps. Below zero, I'd probably run them. Stopping the air going through the radiator is what warms it faster I run just the front, the tractor warms quickly. When working it hard, for me, it's blowing snow, I keep an eye on the temp guage. When it hits 4 bars, I open just one side of the front, to allow air in through the front side grill opening. I have had it boil over when it hits 5 bars. After 2 Winter seasons, I now know what the tractor likes, so it's 2nd nature to keep the engine temp in it's happy place. When I transport the tractor to my next snow blowing job on a flatbed, I leave the tractor running and put the front cover over the front-side grill again. The tractor is also loaded baskwards. The front cover has never moved in transport.

Reactions: 1 user

Kubotica

Equipment
B2650, M5-91
Jan 23, 2022
Catskills
So far I am extremely happy with. Is something that you see it on the big rigs and you assume that you don’t need one because you are not flying down the road. I was wrong. In my case is proved to be a great purchase. Thank you again David.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have a set on my LX2610 and found there is no need to run the sides, even in single digit temps. Below zero, I'd probably run them. Stopping the air going through the radiator is what warms it faster I run just the front, the tractor warms quickly. When working it hard, for me, it's blowing snow, I keep an eye on the temp guage. When it hits 4 bars, I open just one side of the front, to allow air in through the front side grill opening. I have had it boil over when it hits 5 bars. After 2 Winter seasons, I now know what the tractor likes, so it's 2nd nature to keep the engine temp in it's happy place. When I transport the tractor to my next snow blowing job on a flatbed, I leave the tractor running and put the front cover over the front-side grill again. The tractor is also loaded baskwards. The front cover has never moved in transport.
It would really be interesting to know what the accumulated tolerances are between the tractor's thermostat, the engine temperature sensor, and the actual gauges. Not only with the same model tractors but also the difference in settings between the different models. I agree with you that each tractor seems to have its "happy place". On my B2650, in the wintertime, I like to keep the temp in the 4 to 5 bars displayed. In that range my oil temp is 190°F or just over.

Sure am glad you haven't lost the covers when trailering!! Trailering with the cover in place hadn't crossed my mind when I first started making these. I may have to amend my "No questions asked, money back guarantee". :ROFLMAO:

So far I am extremely happy with. Is something that you see it on the big rigs and you assume that you don’t need one because you are not flying down the road. I was wrong. In my case is proved to be a great purchase. Thank you again David.
Glad your covers are working out for you! It won't take you long to figure out your conditions and what your tractor likes when you're working in the cold temps. Thanks for your trust, Virgil !

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I'm curious to find out if anyone has used these on a B1700 (if they are even made for it) up here in the northeast U.S.?
I can't answer your question directly, wprecanico, but if you'd be interested we could work up a set of plans for your tractor. I'd be happy to sew you up a custom fit cover for your B1700.

It looks pretty straightforward, judging from a pic of a B1700. You'd have to decide on a 1 or 3 piece set. Next would be to decide a pattern for the attachment to your tractor depending on the pieces.

Once that's determined, making the pattern and sewing is pretty much the same for the other kits I make.
Let me know what you think.

David

TheRagingOrangeMachine

Equipment
B2650, Grapple, Rotor Mower, Grade Scrapper, Snow Blower, Forks
Jan 21, 2024
United States
Hi, New member here, I live in the PNW. I have a B2650 and over the last few years have had problems with blowing black smoke under loads while snow throwing. I have a front blower, and after a little troubleshooting, I realized my air filter was freezing over with the low temps and the powdery snow getting sucked in. Luckily I found this thread as there doesn't seem to many solutions out there and i don't want to jury rig something.

i wanted to order a set of winter front covers for my Kubota B2650 tractor if you are still producing them. Thanks so much in advanced.

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi, New member here, I live in the PNW. I have a B2650 and over the last few years have had problems with blowing black smoke under loads while snow throwing. I have a front blower, and after a little troubleshooting, I realized my air filter was freezing over with the low temps and the powdery snow getting sucked in. Luckily I found this thread as there doesn't seem to many solutions out there and i don't want to jury rig something.

i wanted to order a set of winter front covers for my Kubota B2650 tractor if you are still producing them. Thanks so much in advanced.
Greetings! And welcome to the OTT forum. Lots of great info, help and people on this board.
Yes, I still make them as long as people are looking for the covers. I always try to keep a set on hand and ready to mail out so there's no waiting. I'm pretty sure I have a set ready for the B2650. Great tractor!!

If you happen to use PayPal, that will work also.

If you want to mail a personal check: $225 will get the set delivered. Mail to:

(removed)

If you have any questions I can answer for you ......... just ask!
You and your tractor will really be happy with these covers. And if you're not, for any reason, just send them back for a refund.

I mail them out via USPS with tracking. Once mailed, I'll send you the tracking # so you can watch for them.

Thanks again for your interest!! I look forward to hearing from you and getting a set of covers heading your way!!

Best regards,
David

Last edited:

TheRagingOrangeMachine

Equipment
B2650, Grapple, Rotor Mower, Grade Scrapper, Snow Blower, Forks
Jan 21, 2024
United States
Greetings! And welcome to the OTT forum. Lots of great info, help and people on this board.
Yes, I still make them as long as people are looking for the covers. I always try to keep a set on hand and ready to mail out so there's no waiting. I'm pretty sure I have a set ready for the B2650. Great tractor!!

This is just a wintertime hobby so I'm not set up to take credit cards, sorry. But a personal check works great. If you say the check is in the mail, I'll mail the covers out.

If you happen to use PayPal, that will work also. But you must select the "Send to Friend" payment option so I receive the full amount. If you like to use paypal, I'll send you my account name for the payment.

If you want to mail a personal check: $225 will get the set delivered.

If you have any questions I can answer for you ......... just ask!
You and your tractor will really be happy with these covers. And if you're not, for any reason, just send them back for a refund.

I mail them out via USPS with tracking. Once mailed, I'll send you the tracking # so you can watch for them.

Thanks again for your interest!! I look forward to hearing from you and getting a set of covers heading your way!!

Best regards,
David
Awesome Dave, I talked to the boss and she would like to try PayPal, so if you could send that info we can move forward that way. Thanks for the quick response and I look forward to trying these out, depending on the rest of our winter season.

Thanks again, regards
Chris

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Awesome Dave, I talked to the boss and she would like to try PayPal, so if you could send that info we can move forward that way. Thanks for the quick response and I look forward to trying these out, depending on the rest of our winter season.

Thanks again, regards
Chris
Hi Chris,
I started a conversation with you regarding the winterfront covers. You'll see and "envelope" icon in the upper right corner of your OTT page when logged in. Select that and it will show your messages waiting.
Select the message to read and respond.
Thanks!
David