Flat face style couplers.... garbage or somthing else?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I know some local farmers that keep their tractors going until they can no longer keep them going. They are worked hard but are also kept in tip-top condition, and look as good as the day that they bought them. They make their living as farmers, and a tractor is a tool to do work quicker and easier, so they take care of them just like they take care of their herds. Instead of using your hand to wipe off the coupler, use a clean cloth. It just takes an extra second or two to do it correctly as it does to be sloppy about how you couple them. In the long run, that will save you money. Who knows, if you take care of the tractor, it might be the last tractor that you will ever have to purchase.

Reactions: 1 users

Shadow_storm56

Equipment
Lawn mower
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
I know some local farmers that keep their tractors going until they can no longer keep them going. They are worked hard but are also kept in tip-top condition, and look as good as the day that they bought them. They make their living as farmers, and a tractor is a tool to do work quicker and easier, so they take care of them just like they take care of their herds. Instead of using your hand to wipe off the coupler, use a clean cloth. It just takes an extra second or two to do it correctly as it does to be sloppy about how you couple them. In the long run, that will save you money. Who knows, if you take care of the tractor, it might be the last tractor that you will ever have to purchase.
Fair enough although with how sensors, def pumps and everything electronic likes to fail on these things eventually I doubt it about that last statement. Mainly sensors

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Hi shadow, here's a pic of the couplers on my Quicke loader....
20221130_151808.jpg
20221202_135403.jpg

They are 'Faster' brand. There are O ring kits available but I'm not going to bother taking one apart not knowing the timeliness to get the right ones..... I can't quite tell where they leak from when coupled,but they do a bit...

Shadow_storm56

Equipment
Lawn mower
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Hi shadow, here's a pic of the couplers on my Quicke loader.... View attachment 91567 View attachment 91568
They are 'Faster' brand. There are O ring kits available but I'm not going to bother taking one apart not knowing the timeliness to get the right ones..... I can't quite tell where they leak from when coupled,but they do a bit...
Definitely not as good as the regular style, I'm gunna figure a way to swap them out

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I didn't have any other parts handy to check the thread, but the 3rd function on this loader was British pipe thread. I had to get adapters for those to convert them to pioneer type (ohcanada supply had a good selection)

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
I unhooked and reattached a couple times yes.... tried everything I could think of to help them out and they just keep leaking. They look fine... the irony is in my life I have never had one of the standard quick couplers leak like that... the normal amount on attaching and removing but that's about it. The only time I had to push them on a bit harder was when I put the loader on, it had settled some and was under slight pressure... but that was only 1 of the 4.. the rest went on easily.
Have you replaced the O-rings? All Pioneer couplers are not made the same. If these are original with the tractor, I would think they are good, but O-rings are a consumable item. The more the couplers are used (connected/disconnected), the faster the O-rings diminish.
If I was going to replace couplers, I would do them in sets one at a time. Don't buy the cheapest set at Tractor Supply.
The only knock I have heard on flat face fittings is they can be hard to uncouple.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Shadow, I've checked the fittings, the block on the loader frame with the males is a British pipe thread. The hoses on the loader are NPT......
I found a seal kit part number....
I took a good look and have found one leaky female coupler giving me the issue. I can't see how to disassemble this 'Faster' brand fitting. The male has an O ring that is easy to see.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
So, these flat faced male couplers have replaceable O rings..... the females do not, unlike the ' normal' style. And, the p/n from ALO for one seal kit is $112cdn..... lol. Parts guy said just to replace the fittings.... ya right.... at $120+ each (x8). That's a lot of oil. Mine haven't failed from dirt. And are only 4 years old, with maybe a dozen connections......

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So, these flat faced male couplers have replaceable O rings..... the females do not, unlike the ' normal' style. And, the p/n from ALO for one seal kit is $112cdn..... lol. Parts guy said just to replace the fittings.... ya right.... at $120+ each (x8). That's a lot of oil. Mine haven't failed from dirt. And are only 4 years old, with maybe a dozen connections......
Northern Ontario:
Snow blower on....snow blower off .....x 4 years?🤣

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"
If they were on the snowblower that would mean they'd only have made 2 connections for those 2 years we had a summer and it didn't snow in all 12 months!
"didn't snow in all 12 months"
In Northern Ontario ????? 🤣

Shadow_storm56

Equipment
Lawn mower
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Mine were replaced under warranty, tech told me the type kubota uses leaks alot and he replaces them all the time