Fishing woes....

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Wanted to find out how many people are having a hard time catching fish in the waters this year or is it just us who are having problems in Virginia USA. I've been several times this year salt water fishing and usually go with a group of people and nobody seems to catch anything in the bay. I'm thinking that maybe here for us in Virginia, we've had a record breaking summer of heat over 100 degrees for several days on end. Best guess is that the water is quite warm for the fish and they are driven down deeper where its much cooler. Also the crabs in the bay have been outrageous. Those little shits keep eating all our bait, its like an all you can eat buffet for the crabs.

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
I'd say you are right, they have headed for deeper water. I use to fish in the Gulf, but haven't been in a long time. In fact, I have been so busy I haven't even been trout fishing in a couple of years. I need a break!

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Eric... me and my Buddy have been slamming the blue crabs in the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay. Saturday we got our limit of 2 bushels in 2.5 hours culling out the small ones for jumbo jimmys....

With the corn and green beans and potatos from my garden... we had a neighborhood feast for sure!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well Butch feel free to come down here to the southern end of the bay and catch some more crabs and get them out my damn way so I can fish!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK how many pots did you have out ,what was you usin for bai,t how deep, day or night, and what kind of beer were you drinking??? Last time I was down in DelMarVa it took me all day to catch enough keepers for a meal!