First time blowing snow with a BX2916 and BX4090 Cab

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Got the blower driveshaft installed a couple of days ago, and installed the snowblower, but there was no snow to test it on but it was quite noisy. I placed a case of oil on the seat of the BX23S so I could diagnose the noise coming from the front of my snowblower. Once I determined that it wasn't the snowblower, I shut the tractor down and removed the snowblower. Checked everything that I could think of, and everything was tight and looked like it was where it belongs. I greased every fitting and checked the entire snowblower driveline for movement. It still sounded like a bucket of bolts rolling around. When I was spinning it by hand, it was fine. Yesterday when I started blowing snow, it quieted down so I will assume that is the nature of the beast. Compared to the one on my old BX22, I don't think that it works as well, but that might be the type of wet snow that we had. The hydraulic turning was much too quick for me and my old BX had hydraulic limiters in the hose line to keep the motor from turning too quickly. I was blowing the snow at the PTO speed on the tach, and I do realize that the faster the engine, the more hydraulic flow through the valve. On the other hand, the LandPride 3rd function valve which was operating the hydraulic chute hood operated at a comfortable speed.
The glass cab was much better than the old vinyl and plastic windows of the old BX22, but the heater in the old BX was 10 times more powerful than the high-priced heater in the new BX cab. I was comfortable, but I was dressed for the cold temperature. In the old cab, I would have had my jacket off after 10 minutes. My overall impression of the tractor, snowblower, and cab is that they are OK, but I wouldn't buy it a second time.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Sorry to hear that dusty. I did notice my heater gets nice and hot but only at operating rpm's. At Idle unlike a car with heater on low...not so much.

Never saw the inside of your curtis cab but doesnt the dash cover the screen under the steering wheel? Just trying to understand your problem. Is the warm air getting sucked out or is the heater core just too small? Air in the lines after install? I saw a youtube vid where the curtis cab has a problem where the duct work comes off. Something to look at unless your getting a high volume of air moving from the vents.

With just a hoodie on I had to keep shutting the heater off in the soft cab at operating rpm's its definitely doing its job. The temp that day was 19 deg! Im lovin it! Thanks for all your help Dusty.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
My snowblower was really loud too until the first time I used it in the snow. Seemed to quiet down after that,.
I get a little driveline noise also, the farther "up" I pull it off the ground.

I think leveraddict might be onto something re: the cover near the battery--do you have one?

Most report that snowblowing in a cab can be done in shirtsleeves. I am open station , so I'll leave my guesses there.

BX2380 & BX2830 blower