Fire extinguishers

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the new 'element' fire extinguishers. I just ordered 2, one for the mancave and one to carry on the boat and jeep. Thinking about getting one for the car and another for the house. Not cheap, but no expiration date and no maintenance. Sounds like a win win.

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
I have no experience with them, but they look great! Cover all classes of fires, small, lightweight. I do think that their website is a bit deceiving as to shipping. They imply that their are no shipping costs - but shipping is actually 10 bucks. So $90 for a fire extinguisher ………

Jack

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the new 'element' fire extinguishers. I just ordered 2, one for the mancave and one to carry on the boat and jeep. Thinking about getting one for the car and another for the house. Not cheap, but no expiration date and no maintenance. Sounds like a win win.
Shoot a web site where to find them

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN

I hope that link works, I'm not what you'd call techy.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

I hope that link works, I'm not what you'd call techy.
Perfect - that is neat as hell, seems too good to be true.

Might have to get a couple for kitchen and boat and shed(s)

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I watched the Jay Leno video, impressive enough that I bought 2. I figured the one in the mancave can be thrown on the tractor when out and about.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Who needs fire extinguishers when you have KTAC and good homeowners insurance? (tongue-in-cheek)

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan
That is pretty cool, but gives zero protection against flashback.
An abc may be messy and offer no cooling but the residual powder offers some flashback protection.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
That is pretty cool, but gives zero protection against flashback.
An abc may be messy and offer no cooling but the residual powder offers some flashback protection.
Yea, I just got the MSDS from them and though the same thing.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Looks pretty good. You gotta get very close to the flame in a breeze.
My old lab safety lecture went like this. In case of fire, grab that big ass fire extinguisher , toss it out the big window and FOLLOW IT !!! Call the people with the big RED truck from the outside.
Life or death ,this should give you time to get the flame out or bail.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Watching several videos from fire fighters and others on these, convinced me I'll stick with the tank style for most my uses.
I could see this being good for small use situations, that aren't breezy!

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Retired after 38 years with the LAFD, I just keep a shovel handy and hope there will be some dirt around, yes good for a kitchen or electronics fire, temporary smothered with a good chance of rekindle, otherwise you need something to take the heat out or covered/smothered.

Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Maybe not as good, and they do expire (next year and I am cheap) but I bought six of these about three years ago:

Fire Gone

They don't seem to make a big mess.

When I was in college in PR, I had regular chemical extinguisher in my beat up VW. One day on the road, I see a car with a a fire in the engine compartment. The owner was struggling trying to fully open the hood the hood. I stopped and got my extinguisher out and with a couple of bursts the fire seemed to be out. I told him to try to fully open the hood and eventually he did. By then the fuel dripping from the carb would reignite on the engine block and I had to put that out several times with short bursts. By then, the owner was bitching "that the white powder was going to damage his engine". I wished I had a match at that time. 👿
Finally, a cop showed up and I asked him he had an extinguisher because I was about to run out the chemical and he did not. :eek: Fortunately, he got hold of the fire dept. and they arrived quickly. The fire dept. guys hosed down the engine compartment and told the owner "there it looks like new again" since he was still bitching about the white powder. The dumb ass never even thanked me. 🤬

Last edited: