Finish Mower For A B7100-Whats Best

kyforeman

Equipment
B7100HSE
Jul 19, 2009
Kentucky
This is my second post here on the forum and I am still enjoying my new(old) Kubota B7100 HST-E. After using the tractor this week to mow with I am still very impressed with its ability and how well it handles.

The only downfall that it has is the deck is a bit small at 48 inches. Its great for general mowing but i would like to know what would be the best recommended size for a rear finish mower for it. There is a nice less than a year old finish mower that I can probably trade to but it is a "72 incher and I dont know for sure or not if the 7100 will handle that big of a mower.
So Guys and Gals if any are out there, I seek your Opinions and Views about what would be the best finish mower for this tractor.
As always thanks in advance for your help.
Greg

B6000Ellenberger

Equipment
B6000e, B48-a belly deck, front mount snow blower, 5' landscape rake
Jul 30, 2009
Warriors Mark, Pennsylvania
Howdy all! I picked up an old B6000e (12.5 hp) about a month and a half ago in trade for a rifle, and with a 48" belly deck, it runs with plenty of power for climbing the hills. I'm not sure what hp your 7100 is but I think mine could run a deck that big, with enough counterweight. I actually went looking for a 3-pt hitch mower deck after I trashed 2 deck belts on my B48-a deck, but figured that 160.00 in new bearings and seals is a better deal than 1000.00 for a rear deck.