FIMCO 40 gallon 3 point sprayer...

WhitleyStu

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601 LA435 FEL 60" MMM 60" Snow Blower FSP500 Spreader 5' Grahl Roller 40 spray
Sep 10, 2020
Indiana

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Looking to replace my CountyLine 40 gal. 5-Nozzle Trailer Sprayer (5302940) with a https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/fimco-40-gal-4-nozzle-3-point-hitch-sprayer-5302941. Read a few reviews where it was mentioned that some tanks developed leaks/cracks after a year, but Fimco sent a replacement without question. Anyone with firsthand experience with the Fimco 3 point 40 gallon sprayer?
I read those same reviews and held off for awhile as a result. Then in early 2019, I picked one up and was really careful with the assembly—and have never had any trouble with it. And I would think with some of the bumpy places I have to haul mine to when full, should have had a problem by now. I guess it’s possible they either improved the tank design or the people with cracked tanks were a bit ham-fisted in getting them put together.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I have had two Fimco sprayers. The first one was a forty gallon pull type with a gas engine that I made into a three point sprayer used it for twelve years tractor gets 100- 200 hours a year on it spraying. Never had a problem with the tank. Three years ago I sold it and got a 60 gallon three point with PTO pump. It gets 100-200 hours on it so a lot of loads threw the tank on a lot of rough ground in pastures and CRP ground and road ditches. Never had a tank problem with it either. Only problem with both has been there paint doesn't stand up. The paint on the 60 gallon is bad I will probably repaint it this winter. You may want to look at the ones with the PTO pumps if you do a lot of spraying. I have never had much luck with those electric pumps.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have had mine for about 4 years. Read the same reviews, if I recall they were cracking around the bolt holes. When I assembled mine I didn’t install the 4 bolts to the frame, just used the two tank straps. Its not used much, but haven’t had any issues with it.