Filter source for maintenance

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Hi all,
I plan on an oil and hydraulic filter/fluid service on my BX2200 this spring before it gets to be mowing/outside project time.

I found the original Kubota part numbers for the oil and hydraulic filters. Do you have any recommendations on where to source them? I can order them off Amazon and could also get them from the local Kubota dealer, but wondered if I was missing somewhere.

Also, is it recommended to use Kubota OEM filters or are there other brands you have had good luck with. I know sometimes you end up paying a bit more because of the name on the filter when it is not needed.

Thanks

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hi all,
I plan on an oil and hydraulic filter/fluid service on my BX2200 this spring before it gets to be mowing/outside project time.

I found the original Kubota part numbers for the oil and hydraulic filters. Do you have any recommendations on where to source them? I can order them off Amazon and could also get them from the local Kubota dealer, but wondered if I was missing somewhere.

Also, is it recommended to use Kubota OEM filters or are there other brands you have had good luck with. I know sometimes you end up paying a bit more because of the name on the filter when it is not needed.

Thanks
Stick with the OEM filters and lubricant. OTT has LOTS of questions and commentary about non-Kubota oil filters vs OEM.
The majority by far, from what I've gleaned, is don't f*** around paying a bit less for potentially, and it seems sometimes actual, filter performance losses.

Reactions: 3 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I would recommend your local dealer or Messicks.com. I have gotten supplies from my local place and from Messicks both.

My latest HST Filter I purchased cam from Messicks and delivered to my door. I did some quick math and at current gas prices and where my dealer is located, it was slightly cheaper to have it delivered to my door via Messicks.

Before the crazy gas prices, it was slightly cheaper to go to the local dealer.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Stick with the OEM filters and lubricant. OTT has LOTS of questions and commentary about non-Kubota oil filters vs OEM.
The majority by far, from what I've gleaned, is don't f*** around paying a bit less for potentially, and it seems sometimes actual, filter performance losses.
x10 on this!

Goes for the hydraulic fluid too.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
X2 on your local dealer if your close enough. Mine is almost an hour away one way.
I’ve used messicks for years but recently I’ve noticed their shipping cost is higher. I used Coleman equipment for my last. Four small wheel bearings from messicks was $25 shipping, Colman was $12 shipping. Just shop around.
Good idea to keep spare filters on hand especially a fuel filter. You might need them when the dealer is closed.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
X2 on your local dealer if your close enough. Mine is almost an hour away one way.
I’ve used messicks for years but recently I’ve noticed their shipping cost is higher. I used Coleman equipment for my last. Four small wheel bearings from messicks was $25 shipping, Colman was $12 shipping. Just shop around.
Good idea to keep spare filters on hand especially a fuel filter. You might need them when the dealer is closed.
I have 2 fuel and 2 primary (the big paper filer) air filters to rotate into service at service times. The spare air and fuel filters get washed and dried out ready for the next service.
Clear kerosene rinse for the fuel filter.
Warm water, detergent, and thorough rinsing and drying for the air element.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Thanks.

I will hit up my local dealer. I drive past them on the way home from work, so not a big deal top stop

Reactions: 2 users

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
A lot of tractors shipped without an inner air filter.

You can easily add one…

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: You might need them when the dealer is closed.

no.... You WILL need them when the dealer is closed. !! :)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
many order from messicks and that's fine

I found that it costs considerably more to order from them by time you pay for the shipping.

Similarly, Amazon. "Free shipping" if you have prime....yeah...it ain't really free.

Dealer is less expensive than ordering online, and in the long run

there is no or little information given out as to the filters' specification from kubota, yet many try to copy or beat the spec--but what spec? Just like their fluids. Ain't no spec, how can they say "meets kubota spec"? The size of the container or the color of the bucket?

MSDS isn't the spec either.

Lubricants (and to an extent filters) often have their chemical additives and specs tightly held to just a few. It'd be like Mobil 1 giving the full chemical composition of their engine oil, what good does that do for competition, knowing that there are many who will copy it for their own benefit?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I would recommend your local dealer or Messicks.com. I have gotten supplies from my local place and from Messicks both.

My latest HST Filter I purchased cam from Messicks and delivered to my door. I did some quick math and at current gas prices and where my dealer is located, it was slightly cheaper to have it delivered to my door via Messicks.

Before the crazy gas prices, it was slightly cheaper to go to the local dealer.
When using Messick's for smaller items, it is usually cost effective to request that they ship USPS.
Messick's will ship every order via UPS unless you specify USPS.
Sometimes, Messick's USPS shipping charge may be only half that of UPS.

Messick's = GREAT PEOPLE !

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I recommend buying an extra hydraulic filter magnet for about $12. That way you can install it on the new filter and do a quick swap without draining too much hydraulic fluid. Then you can clean the old magnet after removal and have a spare. If you have to clean the old magnet after removal your losing hydraulic fluid while you do this.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
So far, my dealer is cheaper than Messicks on parts, fortunately. I know some dealers are not.