Filter for BX series

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
As dismith stated, automobiles ( gas) have an external fuel filter. The one in the pump is called a (sock), it's usually just a screen to keep out any part that is large enough to stop the fuel pump from working.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I was thinking about my cars and trucks over the last couple decades. Fuel injection entirely I think. Probably most of our vehicles use fuel injection these days.

I have NEVER changed a fuel filter in one of my vehicles, and do not even know if doing so is recommended by manufacturers. Does anyone here regularly change their fuel filters in their vehicles? Maybe diesel trucks/vehicles are different than gas powered vehicles? Do diesel truck manufacturers recommend changing fuel filters periodically, if there is no apparent need?

Not sure that "potential contaminants are constantly introduced" in my tractors' fuel systems, since I get my fuel from a source that is high turnover and very clean.

Back when I had the issue with dirty fuel on my new B2910, I bought two fuel filters, to have a spare on hand. I still have that spare...

Would still like to hear if anyone cuts open/inspects their fuel filters after changing them, and especially if they ever found a hole in a filter rather than just blockage upon inspection.

My duramax gets oil changed every 7500 miles and fuel and transmission filters every other oil change... so I do tractors the same yup probably could do less changes but in my eyes its cheaper to maintain than it is to replace or repair. Most times when there is a major breakdown it's due to lack of maintenance. Also major breakdowns normally mean something broke. So when 1 thing breaks well normally it breaks something else with it. Just my 2cents

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
So I personally think changing the fuel filter is a routine maintenance key not only to keep crap out but it tells you alot about your fuel, and you tank and lines. Also the easyer it gosevthrough filter the less your pump is working to get it through the system. Just my thought. But its done on my Equipment, but it's your choice on yours.