FEL with clamshell bucket for b6100, loader valve question.

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
Totally lucked out and found a fel locally for my b6100. Question i have is on the loader valve, which port is supply and which return?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Need better pictures of just the valve.

Look for names or a tag.

Also note the letter cast into it by each port.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello.
The inlet to your valve is the hose on the left side of the valve in your first picture. Return line is closest to the loader frame. Good luck. Lance

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Better hope it's open center or it's going to do some damage.

But I guess that's why I ask for more information on the valve before I just throw out what port does what.
I guess everyone just assumes it came off another Kubota.

Last edited:

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
I will get some more pics soon, i think i saw a nameplate on it. I could not find any cast in letters by the ports though other than the R and A by the relief and pressure adjustment (i assume).

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Further to Wolfman's comment, to power that from the tractor's hydraulic system it should not only be an open centre design, it should have 3 hoses:

1. supply from the tractor
2. "power beyond" to the tractor's hydraulics such as 3ph
3. return to sump.

Since there does not appear to be a 3rd line, that is not ready as it is. Some control valves can be converted between open and closed centre and some can have "power beyond" added as an accessory. You absolutely need to do further research before bolting that on because if that can't be converted then you will need to replace the control valve.

Alternatively, you could add a PTO powered hydraulic pump dedicated to the FEL, either from the rear PTO or possibly off the front of the crankshaft.

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
The tractor it came off had one hose tee'd into the pressure line off the hyd pump and the other return to the reservoir.

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
More pics. There is a T cast into the otherside by the nameplate (return line side i think). Thought i took a pic of it but must not have.

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
I thought i saw a ball valve in the pressure line after the tee on the tractor it came off. I am guessing he had it setup to use the loader or the 3pth with a manual valve to route the hydraulics?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Lance was right about the porting on the valve, and I was way to quick to be harsh and rude to post my comment about not getting enough info, To him, I apologize for that.

I have just seen some bad things happen from equipment being hooked up wrong, and my quick look at the valve I didn't like what I seen (welded cap on a line fitting).

You can hook it up that way and make it work, there really isn't much of a downfall to 2 line operation (power in, power out), over three line power in, power beyond, and tank.
No tank port will just cause a loss of Fast dump, minor loss.

Do not hook it up like the previous install, tee's and Valves on an open hydraulic system can lead to some bad issues in operation.
If you have the block in the pressure line on the side of the bell housing get the adapter for that block and the 2 lines will connect to that, pressure to front and return to back.
If you do not have the block fitting in the pressure line, you will need to break the line, and have 2 fittings welded to the lines to connect the loader loop into that.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
If you have the block in the pressure line on the side of the bell housing get the adapter for that block and the 2 lines will connect to that, pressure to front and return to back.
Respectfully, Kubota expressly says not to do it that way in the WSM, because then you are compounding the relief valve. ie: the return from FEL control relief valve leads to 3ph relief valve input, not directly back into sump. Under certain circumstances the pump could be subjected to the total of FEL relief pressure setting + tractor relief pressure setting.

Either use a diverter valve that selects between 3ph or FEL operation, or a PB setup with 3 hoses. Either way, the return line must go to the sump, not the input to other hydraulics.

Biltit

May 29, 2018
SK
Great info, thank you to all who responded. I will do some digging as to how I should connect it. If I recall in my manual it says to connect to a valve just below the seat, I think it is a divertor valve. It diverts to either the 3ph or aux.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
That will work, although the 3ph valve has to be pulled back into the "raise" position to supply fluid to the FEL in that configuration, and you cannot adjust the FEL when using the 3ph. That can lead to some difficulties when there is weight on the unused attachement