FEL Operation

Gruh6

Equipment
B6200HST, 1640 FEL, 3pt cultvator, belly mower
Aug 29, 2020
I think the valve body is basically the same from model to model. However, the spool valves that are installed in the bodies are different. And Brand says the spool valves can't be swapped around -- the bores are probably honed to be an exact fit for the particular spool.
OK, that makes sense.
So if I weld the mounting plate to the FEL side ways and plumb the hoses it will finally work.
I think I'll wait for the old one to fail.
I bought a bunch of O rings for the fittings when I ordered them. Good thing too. There were 2 broken ones I guess from taking them in and out.
1 I noticed and replaced, the other made it self know when I saw the puddle of oil growing under the tractor.
Thanks again

Tom B7200D

Equipment
B7200D, 48" mower, 42" rotatiller, posthole digger, carryall
Dec 2, 2021
Salem, Oregon
Thanks to One & All who contributed to this thread.
Best drawings and explaination of B6200 hydraulics.
Wish my B7200D had two hydraulic pumps so I could add power steering.
But alas, I have 2 range 3 speed gear tramsmission.
I strangly fine transmission hydraulic fluid leaks into crankcase oil but no backward flow to transmission. Any thoughts?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here is a file from Brand that outlines how to invert the joystick operation from "A" (hoses on left, mounting plate on right) to "A1" (hoses on right, mounting plate on left):

Also keep in mind t the Brand loader valves commonly have a regen circuit on the bucket so its imperative you not switch the bucket and boom spools. Follow those instructuions to the T.
Ok great advice, I will see what it will take to either switch the control handle or reconnect the hoses.
Although the valve is setup for the action the hoses are now connected to.
Pull left lift,, push right drop, push up tilt forward dump , push down or pull back is tilt bucket back.
That valve is a big improvement over OEM so its not money wasted. It is designed specifically for loader control so make sure you keep the spools connected to the correct function - e.g. bucket vs. boom. Standard loader joystick operation as viewed by the operator is:

Handle left = bucket curl
Handle right = bucket dump
Handle up / forward = boom down
Handle down / back = boom raise

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks to One & All who contributed to this thread.
Best drawings and explaination of B6200 hydraulics.
Wish my B7200D had two hydraulic pumps so I could add power steering.
But alas, I have 2 range 3 speed gear tramsmission.
I strangly fine transmission hydraulic fluid leaks into crankcase oil but no backward flow to transmission. Any thoughts?

Adding a front crankshaft driven pump to a B7200DT is pretty easy and not expensive. Your hydraulic fluid leak is probably caused by a bad shaft seal on the pump. That's the only place the hydraulics and engine come into proximity. You need to attend to that leak pronto.

Dan

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Your hydraulic fluid leak is probably caused by a bad shaft seal on the pump. That's the only place the hydraulics and engine come into proximity. You need to attend to that leak pronto.
+1. I think I saw a used B7100 pump in the classifieds. I wonder if it would fit your tractor? If you opt for a whole new pump, have a look at Whitehouse Products GPO120R -- I believe TheOldHokie put one on his B7200, but check with him to make sure. The WHP pump is less expensive than OEM and offers a bit more flow which is nice with a FEL.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
+1. I think I saw a used B7100 pump in the classifieds. I wonder if it would fit your tractor? If you opt for a whole new pump, have a look at Whitehouse Products GPO120R -- I believe TheOldHokie put one on his B7200, but check with him to make sure. The WHP pump is less expensive than OEM and offers a bit more flow which is nice with a FEL.
I purchased the WHP pump by accident and I still have it. Anybody that wants it can have for waaaaaay less than the price for an OEM pump.

Dan

Tom B7200D

Equipment
B7200D, 48" mower, 42" rotatiller, posthole digger, carryall
Dec 2, 2021
Salem, Oregon
Adding a front crankshaft driven pump to a B7200DT is pretty easy and not expensive. Your hydraulic fluid leak is probably caused by a bad shaft seal on the pump. That's the only place the hydraulics and engine come into proximity. You need to attend to that leak pronto.

Dan
I have rebuilt original pump with new seals. Same issue.
Purchased OEM new pump from Kubota and still find hydraulic fluid in crankcase.
Fear my camshaft drive is worn so drive teeth slap pump teeth and jarring damages new seals.
Dealers shops are uncertain what cause is but happy to tear it apart with no guarantee of success.
Engine has 1300 hours, or maybe 2300 hours, since analog hour meter turns over at 999.9 hours.
If worn cam shaft is problem would think more reports would be present.

Have you leads on front crankshaft pump mount?
Sound interesting.
Tom

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have rebuilt original pump with new seals. Same issue.
Purchased OEM new pump from Kubota and still find hydraulic fluid in crankcase.
Fear my camshaft drive is worn so drive teeth slap pump teeth and jarring damages new seals.
Dealers shops are uncertain what cause is but happy to tear it apart with no guarantee of success.
Engine has 1300 hours, or maybe 2300 hours, since analog hour meter turns over at 999.9 hours.
If worn cam shaft is problem would think more reports would be present.

Have you leads on front crankshaft pump mount?
Sound interesting.
Tom
A front mount is easy to fabricate. I have put dozens on old Fords which are far more difficult. You need a hub for the crankshaft, a drive shaft, shaft coupler, pump, and a mounting foot or flange for the pump. Plumb it up and off you go. PM me or give me a call of you want to discuss it.

Dan
301 655 0631

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I purchased the WHP pump by accident and I still have it. Anybody that wants it can have for waaaaaay less than the price for an OEM pump.

Dan
Ah, well. I guess I had half the story straight. Does it look like it would fit the B7200?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ah, well. I guess I had half the story straight. Does it look like it would fit the B7200?
WHP lists it as a replacement for the B7200. From the discussion back then and your descriptions I gather it is ever so slightly longer than OEM which makes getting the mounting bolts for the outlet block started a little challenging but doable. If I needed a pump I would not hesitate to give it a try - its only $80.

Dan