FEL Downpressure great, lift weak?

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
He means the five gallon bucket of paint finish.
Geeze tough audience! I never claimed I was a painter nor try to be , but all things considered it came out much better then the way I received it. LOL

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Original Link To Rebuild Pics vs now with "5 gallons finish" , I'm not ass blasted by the finish considering no metal work to the hood was done and I didn't disassemble to paint a work machine not a yard princess lol

IMG_1173.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I would worry that swapping lines after verifying the schematic would risk doing more damage to the possibly failing pump?
I am just suggesting swapping the up and down boom hoses on the same spool, nothing radical in that.

Until you do that simple test or Tee in a gauge everything is just speculation.

The relief valve is tied into the pump IN side of the valve so if it had a problem every function of the loader would be affected not just lift and curl.

Dave

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
I am just suggesting swapping the up and down boom hoses on the same spool, nothing radical in that.

Until you do that simple test or Tee in a gauge everything is just speculation.

The relief valve is tied into the pump IN side of the valve so if it had a problem every function of the loader would be affected not just lift and curl.

Dave
Thank you, Dave. I'll give this a try in the morning and see how it handles a 250lb weight in the bucket on both setups.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Geeze tough audience! I never claimed I was a painter nor try to be , but all things considered it came out much better then the way I received it. LOL

View attachment 48046

View attachment 48047

Original Link To Rebuild Pics vs now with "5 gallons finish" , I'm not ass blasted by the finish considering no metal work to the hood was done and I didn't disassemble to paint a work machine not a yard princess lol

View attachment 48050
Looks fine to me, just not Kubota Orange and I like the painted hairpin cotters too.

Around here, 5 gallon finish refers to a backyard paint job, sometimes applied with a brush or roller. Usually refers to a paint job applied to a John Deere.

Reactions: 1 users

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Looks fine to me, just not Kubota Orange and I like the painted hairpin cotters too.

Around here, 5 gallon finish refers to a backyard paint job, sometimes applied with a brush or roller. Usually refers to a paint job applied to a John Deere.

Lol ! Not butthurt just didn't know the expression. It was "out of the can" Krylon Fusion Popsicle Orange spray paint after grinding/stripping the surface rust and sanding to bare-ish metal where it was rusted. Not "Kubota" orange but it's close enough for me for a loader that sits in the barn to fix the driveway washouts and move firewood without continuing to rot to hell.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I would worry that swapping lines after verifying the schematic would risk doing more damage to the possibly failing pump?
Why would that be? It would only change the direction the valve would cause the cylinders to move. The system does not care if direction of movement reverses.

Should not harm anything and might give some useful information.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
A simple way to test the hoses being run correctly, break the fittings on the cylinders and wrap them with a good rag so they can not shoot out stream of oil under high pressure. Then with tractor idling operate the controls only enough to see what fitting is dripping.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
A simple way to test the hoses being run correctly, break the fittings on the cylinders and wrap them with a good rag so they can not shoot out stream of oil under high pressure. Then with tractor idling operate the controls only enough to see what fitting is dripping.

Tested swapping hoses .... no joy .

Took a close look @ the belt and despite being taught it was worn on the sides and into the V.... tensioned the living $hit out of it and tested again... Full lift back!

Took it off which was a pain in the nuts and took to a hyrdo shop that came close enough with pitch but slighty shorter, adjusted the pump bracket and re-tensioned... lifts more than I should ever try to lift LOL

Thanks to everyone for their help... simplest thing.. Occam's Razor still applies !

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Sorry but I'm not reading this to the end.

At first I was going to say champagne tastes on a beer budget but after seeing all that new paint and new hoses I'm thinking air in the lines. Did you purge properly?

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Sorry but I'm not reading this to the end.

At first I was going to say champagne tastes on a beer budget but after seeing all that new paint and new hoses I'm thinking air in the lines. Did you purge properly?
Ended up being a worn belt. It was tight but slipping from wear on the edges and down the V.

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
B7300 with some implements/attachments
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
Is your 3 point fully raised when you have this issue? I found my upper limit stop was out of adjustment, so with the 3 point fully raised it was pulling all the pressure and not allowing the FEL to do its job.
I figured this out by lowering the 3 point to about the half way point and suddenly I had FEL lift again.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Not really. Just a couple (one).

Reactions: 1 users

poconoguy17

Equipment
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
Is your 3 point fully raised when you have this issue? I found my upper limit stop was out of adjustment, so with the 3 point fully raised it was pulling all the pressure and not allowing the FEL to do its job.
I figured this out by lowering the 3 point to about the half way point and suddenly I had FEL lift again.
Mine uses a separate pump for the FEL , it is not tied to the 3pt which is run off the hydro trans pump. thank you for the suggestion ! It ended up being a worn belt!