F2560 died, won't restart.

mc84721

Equipment
L2350, f3080, bobcat s250, white 2-65, Ford 555, deere B
May 22, 2017
ny
Hi all,

A month and a half ago, I pulled my trusty f2560 out of the shed and left it running. It has always started fairly easy and ran fine. When it was running, it just shut off. Would crank but not fire. Replaced shut off solenoid, no help. Engine is getting fuel, injector lines were bled. One line seems to have more fuel then the other 2 when bleeding. Wasn't getting any smoke out of the exhaust, removed muffler, getting smoke out of the manifold. Muffler seemed plugged.

Haven't pulled glowplugs yet. I did jumper power to them though, didn't seem to help. Almost seems like the engine has lost time or a injection pump plungers got hung up in the pump. Pretty baffled. It has about 2500 hours

Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What was the level of the fuel tank when it died?

Was the filter housing full of fuel?

If your getting a pulse of fuel out of the injection pump, it's highly unlikely that it has lost timing.

And if your getting Pulses of fuel the injection pump isn't dead.

Most likely you gave an issue where it has either sucked air into the system, or contamination.

First pull the line off the side of the injection pump and feed it clean fresh fuel directly to the injection pump.
Bleed the injectors and see if it will fire.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It sounds like you have at least some of what you need, fuel. Next is air, have you looked at your air filter to make sure something hasn't plugged it up?

mc84721

Equipment
May 22, 2017
ny
It sounds like you have at least some of what you need, fuel. Next is air, have you looked at your air filter to make sure something hasn't plugged it up?
Finally got it to run tonight. Air filter was new in july, no mouse nests etc. Bleed fuel system again. It finally caught and ran, then stalled. Started hard again, ran then stalled. Restarted and it stayed running. Not sure what the issue is/was. Maybe the injection pump / injectors are worn. It has 2500 hours.

mc84721

Equipment
May 22, 2017
ny
What was the level of the fuel tank when it died?

Was the filter housing full of fuel?

If your getting a pulse of fuel out of the injection pump, it's highly unlikely that it has lost timing.

And if your getting Pulses of fuel the injection pump isn't dead.

Most likely you gave an issue where it has either sucked air into the system, or contamination.

First pull the line off the side of the injection pump and feed it clean fresh fuel directly to the injection pump.
Bleed the injectors and see if it will fire.
It may have sucked air, it probably had a 1/4 tank. Doesn't have a filter housing per se, just an inline filter before the pump. Still it seemed like it would have fired much sooner than it did.

Cottonwood

Equipment
G2000. F2560
Jul 15, 2015
Courtland, MN
I have ran my f1560 put of fuel more than once. And with the electric fuel pump have never had an issue restarting it. So this seems odd. I did have a problem with the charging system, a loose wire, which caused a low battery issue on occasion. That caused it to run poorly, and stall out due to the pump not getting enough juice.