Expecting this beauty to be delivered on Tuesday!

BTron

Equipment
2021 Kubota BX2680, 60" MMM, LA344S FEL, BX2816 SB, LP RTR1250 Tiller
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Super excited for my new BX2680 to show up on Tuesday! BX2680 with a 60" MMM, LA 344S, Land Pride QH05 quick hitch, Land Pride RTR1250 tiller, and a Kubota BX2816 snowblower with manual rotation.

Kubota BX2680 - Pre-Delivery.jpg

Got this picture from my salesman today and it looks awesome. I couldn't be more impressed with the dealer so far; they were unbelievably competitive on pricing, offered delivery, and they're closer to where I live.

I can't wait to use it, and I also can't wait to start modifying it. I've got parts sitting around ready for it and a long list of things I want to do:
1) Steering wheel spinner
2) LED lights (2 on the SB, one on each fender, and 2 on the ROPS)
3) Electric motor snow blower chute rotation
4) Electric actuator snow blower chute angle
5) Wheel well liners
6) Rear wheel spacers
7) FEL level indicator
8) 3ph height indicator

Looks like my evenings and weekends could be busy for a little while, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Reactions: 13 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Congratulations, you have a mighty fine-looking machine there. Didn't notice that you are going to be waxing it or checking all the fluid levels when it arrives. Just wondering, what are wheel well liners? Never heard of them for a tractor. Do you have any pictures, and where did you purchase them? thanks and enjoy your new machine.

Reactions: 1 user

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Oh don't you worry, I'll certainly be keeping up with the maintenance on this machine. Plan on having it last me many, many years!

Wheel well liners are basically a piece of rubber hanging against the frame in the wheel well. Helps to keep any components between the wheels and between the frame cleaner. Nobody makes them, I just plan on buying some 1/8" rubber sheet and making them myself. At this point it's just an idea. Maybe once I have a closer look at what is between the frame they won't be necessary. Once I have the modifications done, I'll be sure to post pictures on the fabrication channel

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
One thing to keep in mind is with the MMM you may be limited in how wide of wheel spacers you can use.

I don't see a snow blower in the picture. And you do not mention a tiller...what am I missing?

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
One thing to keep in mind is with the MMM you may be limited in how wide of wheel spacers you can use.

I don't see a snow blower in the picture. And you do not mention a tiller...what am I missing?
I'll have to have a look at the mower deck once the unit shows up to see what kind of spacers I can get away with.

No snowblower in the picture because this is only what the salesman sent me. The unit is gonna be delivered on Tuesday. Tiller is mentioned in the post.

LarryBud

Equipment
L3130
Dec 5, 2020
Cleveland, MO
Congrats.

You no will have no excuse for not having everything in top shape around your place. Enjoy the work!

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Nice rig!
but, you forgot pallet forks..........and a driveshaft for that tiller. :whistle::geek:

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Sooo it should be in your hands now. How about an update?? ;)
Hahaha I don't mean to leave anybody hanging, but love the interest!

So far, I'm very impressed with my dealer! My salesman went through detatching and ataching the loader, removing and installing the mower, and removing and attaching the snowblower. The only issues I found when doing this with him was a bit of a tight hole and pin on the front mount of the MMM (I think just a slight misallignment), the LH lift link for the mower wanted to catch on the bracket on the mower (should just need to be bent out slightly to create more room) and one of the pins on the ROPS is slightly tigher than the other. Otherwise, everything went quite well with delivery! However, looking back, we should have went through removing and attaching the tiller, but I'll get the kickstand figured out.

There is such a thing as too much research (and I can be guilty of that), so I had some expectations that the fluids might be low or this or that might be slightly out of joint when receiving a unit. With that said, I've checked all the fluids in my tractor and the gearbox on the snowblower and everything is right where is should, and by no means are they teetering near the low mark either. There are only 3 hours on the unit so far, so being a maintenance minded person, they'll of course be checked every time before I start the tractor, but is seems to me that I shouldn't expect any issues.

In terms of modifications, I was hunting around in the center console last night making a plan for where I'm going to put my auxiliary fuse box, so I think I have that figured out. I'm still waiting for a few parts to come in the mail and need to make a trip to the city for a few things as well. It has been cool up here in Canada for the last few days, so I won't be doing anything in my un-insulated storage shed where my BX lives until likely this weekend when it is supposed to be warmed. I'll be sure to post updates here and in the modifications channel!

Thanks for the interest! Cheers!

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Congrats.

You no will have no excuse for not having everything in top shape around your place. Enjoy the work!
That's what I'm afraid of, Larry! I see the list of different things getting longer and longer. But in truth, I'm looking forward to using this beauty as much as possible!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
That's what I'm afraid of, Larry! I see the list of different things getting longer and longer. But in truth, I'm looking forward to using this beauty as much as possible!
If it is not already on your list you may want to consider getting a quick attach for your FEL. Also, I did not see a rear quick hitch. You may want to consider that too.

Reactions: 1 user

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
There's been a few comments here that aren't quite picking up what is in the picture.

The tiller has a drive shaft on it. Would be silly for it to not be there. And the FEL has the SSQA and I put on a LP QH05 3 point quick hitch.

In hindsight, I should have bought a Speeco Cat. 1 quick hitch. They're currently on sale for 50% off and have an adjustable top hook.

Drcollie

Sep 16, 2021
Northern Virginia
Remember - you don't earn your new tractor stripes until you drive into the garage or shed without lowering the ROPS. Once you do that, you're a veteran owner ;)

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Remember - you don't earn your new tractor stripes until you drive into the garage or shed without lowering the ROPS. Once you do that, you're a veteran owner ;)
If that's what it takes, I would be more than happy to never be a veteran owner haha