Even The Price of A Battery is Ridiculous!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I can appreciate someone avoiding doing business with a retailer they don’t respect…. And WalMart doesn’t have a high reputation for how they treat their employees…. So if a guy wants to buy elsewhere… I respect that.
And the fact he’s willing to pay MORE from elsewhere rather than do business with someone he considers disreputable…. is admirable, IMO. (but it might be a bit contradictory to then complain about the chosen retailers pricing.). ;)

Reactions: 1 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
How can I get the "prior service" Interstate discount?
From a local Interstate seller?
I don't think so.
Go to one of the branded stores, not just a “place” that carries them. Ask for a military discount. They will run it under the local guard base pricing. Works for me… I am always shocked at the price. Usually Megatron batteries are 160-190. I think I paid 110 for my last one(non 51r).

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
For Flooded Lead Acid batteries,it's hard to beat East Penn/Deka found at NAPA.Parts Plus,etc.
In my opinion,it's more about who has the battery rather than who makes the battery.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I haven't bought a battery recently but I found that the K batteries at the dealership were very reasonably priced compared with car parts suppliers. Costco batteries are well priced.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don’t usually have issues with batteries either, but I generally put everything on Battery Tenders and avoid letting them die. I’ve had good luck with BatteryMart.com although I haven’t bought a tractor battery from them.

Nevermind, they don’t seem to sell anything like a tractor battery.
I have discovered that the compact tractor batteries are nearly identical in case size and cranking amps as the batteries they sell in auto stores for Honda Civics. I bought one of those two years ago for my compact tractor.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I need a battery for a Honda CRV and the Honda dealer quoted $418. I am going to Wal Mart
Just a warning, I don’t deal with or keep up with Honda…

I used to work on Mazda, they used a system that required a special battery. It was around $500. I seen a lot of people waste a bunch of money trying to go cheap because “its just a battery”. Again I don’t know if Honda uses anything similar, if its just a standard lead acid battery or agm then disregard.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I don’t know prices on the streets, I just get all my batteries through work. I believe our standard lead acid batteries are $129-149. My discount gets me a whole $5-10 of that 🤣, not a lot of mark up at the dealership on a battery.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
go replace a tesla battery. Or a Volt battery. Or Leaf. Then come back and gripe about the Kubota batteries.....

I have been working on some golf cars and Polaris EV's lately. six or eight batteries at $250-$400 each. And they last about 5 years if you keep up with them. Just did a Polaris; all 8 batteries replaced. $310 each. Almost 3 grand once you figure in the labor, and the cost to clean/repaint the rusted frame. I am looking at another one now, frame is totally rusted and, while it's fixable, it won't be cheap and the owner is considering junking the machine due to the potential costs.

Converting to lithium is a viable option but you also have to replace the controller and charger. I haven't done one, have priced it a couple times--looking at $5600 give or take a little. But they last longer and there is no chance that the frame is going to rust like it does with lead-acid batteries. And it's much lighter weight! The other issue with Lithium is that the supplier of our batteries will not take them back once it's time to replace them for whatever reason. That means we sit on them. Supplier can't dispose of them (yet) so they told us to keep them until they figure it out. Yay. So we don't push them too much.

yes times are a changing....as stated many times.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The other issue with Lithium is that the supplier of our batteries will not take them back once it's time to replace them for whatever reason. That means we sit on them.
Leave them in the owners ride and tell em to make room in the garage. Just wait til we gotta start storing our electric car batteries 🤣

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I need a battery for a Honda CRV and the Honda dealer quoted $418. I am going to Wal Mart
All you need to do is match the physical dimensions, and post type/locations, and buy the highest CAA available.
Get the EverStart MAXX if they have it in the size you need.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My waiting room television for all to see... so there's no secrets as to where and why their money is going. Eliminated a lot of whining when the time comes to pull out the credit cards.
View attachment 68475
ANY. business that has FAUX NEWS as full-time broadcast in the waiting room…. will NOT have my business.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
ANY. business that has FAUX NEWS as full-time broadcast in the waiting room…. will NOT have my business.

And they may very well feel the same way towards your business.

I'm thankful, at least for now, we're able to get information from various places because what use to be news is now propaganda.

Take a look at the ports and explain how this is not a setup for failure and control.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
And they may very well feel the same way towards your business.
d2cat... extremely accurate whack at that nail.
Then again, he'd probably be thrown out 20 seconds into the first misinformation sermon.

Reactions: 1 user

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Guess I need to shut up. :)
Lil Foot, you don't need to justify yourself to anyone. You do what's best for you. I always try to get the best deal I can for what I need. Sometimes I have to bite the bullet and pay the price. When you live in out in the boonies like you, you bite that bullet.