Engine warning light

driller80545

Equipment
L4701
Jul 1, 2014
Teague, Tx
I took delivery today of a new L 4701. After mowing for an hour, the engine warning light came on and P242d starting flashing in the hour meter window. The dealer is a hundred mile round trip. The tractor seems to run alright. Any ideas what's up?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Nothing in owners manual? Should give you some insight.
I did a quick search on the interweb, and all i found was autimotive codes, dont think they cross over to off road equipment

Too bad, life would be a little easier if all computerized machines were OBD compliant.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You might be able to sweet talk the dealer into emailing you a list of codes. Some dealers gaurd them, but others are pretty decent about giving them out if asked. Some of the codes are common sense fixes, so the list of codes is very handy to have:) if the dealer is decent, they at least will tell you what the code means. I used to call a dealer and ask what the code was for, and then write it in a note book for reference till i was able to get a list for my equipment

Reverie

Equipment
L4701 with loader, box scraper and grapple
Nov 23, 2016
Garden Valley, CA
I know it has been 2 years but since I just got a brand new L4701 and from the get go had a p242d and engine warning light come on I still wanted to post a possible solution.

I had a talk with my engineer and the most likely, and in my case, problem is a loose sensor connector to the top of the DPF muffler. (or a problem with one of the sensors) The factory assembly probably didn't fully checked the connector and it popped loose or had simply not been attached.

This solved my engine light problem but of course the dealer/technician still needs to "clear" the error code from the system. But at least I know that the system is working correctly again.