Engine block heater

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
What engine block heater is used on the old 2 cylinder 700cc engines?

When I flush the cooling system during "tractor in the garage season" I figure that would be the best time to install one.

Only reason I would use the tractor when it's that cold is when it snows a lot. It also gets down to -10°F and just about every year a few days hit 0°F.
When it does snow here I have the chance to make a lot of $ with a bucket loader if I can get the tractor to start.

Edit, didn't attach signature.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
What engine block heater is used on the old 2 cylinder 700cc engines?

When I flush the cooling system during "tractor in the garage season" I figure that would be the best time to install one.

Only reason I would use the tractor when it's that cold is when it snows a lot. It also gets down to -10°F and just about every year a few days hit 0°F.
When it does snow here I have the chance to make a lot of $ with a bucket loader if I can get the tractor to start.
we need engine info off the block to help you figure out which engine it is. From there you can search to find what tractor used that engine. With this then you can possibly access parts list for it.

other wise... if it has freeze plugs.... then pull a freeze plug and measure space behind it. With that info contact manufacture of freeze plug tyep block heaters and see what will fit.

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
Thank you
Looks like it's a 400w heater, which should be plenty.
I will yank out a freeze plug too and see if I can get a normal 600 watt heater in there, if I can find one the right size. The coolant jacket probably isn't deep enough would be my guess.

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
I ordered one from the farwell texas kubota dealer.
Same price or cheaper than ordering off the Internet.