Electrical connection question

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
My new B2650 is already wired for rear work lights. I already have a set on hand with no plug. Anyone know the part number for the existing tractor plug? Don't want to cut the factory wire. Would rather modify the lights.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Believe the B is the same as BX. The wires have standard bullet connectors.

On my BX there are 3 wires. Ends were taped to wire harness.
red w/ black strip is hot always
red w/ blue strip is hot when key is on
black is ground.

The 2 red wires have female bullet connectors
The black wire has smaller make bullet connector

I bought a assorted pack of bullet connectors to make sure I got the right sizes.

lordulrich

Equipment
BX 2370, 60 MMM, Loader, Front Mount Snow Blower, Landpride 3 pt blade, Tiller
Jul 28, 2016
SE Minnesota
Also of note, the wire that is on with the key, is fused lower (10 amp vs 20 amp I think, but am not sure of the fuse sizes) and is the same circuit as the power port. Something to keep in mind depending on the size of your work light. At least that is they way my BX is setup.

jcy110

Equipment
BX22 with LA210 loader and BT600 hoe
Aug 22, 2015
Whitehouse Station, NJ
I would hook directly to the battery terminals using a blade fuse holder and a relay to a dash mounted switch. My ignition switch wire is connected to the relay so that I cant leave the lights on when the tractor is not running.....

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
I took the hot wire(only when ignition on) that comes standard on my B2650 ROPS and wired it to a waterproof switch. Switch was installed just above the 12v socket on right hand console. It is fused for 10 amps, and I am able to run my 25 gallon spot sprayer off of it. When not using sprayer, it is plugged into my LED rear work light.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Thanks for all the answers so far. I found the wires. They don't have bullet connectors. More like a small L shaped plug. Really small. Might just cut it off and go with bullet type.