EGR delete

Joe88340

Equipment
BX 2660 M7040
Oct 7, 2014
Mt morris pa
I have a m 7040 with the egr and was wondering if anybody had any success in removing there's and what the process was? Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a m 7040 with the egr and was wondering if anybody had any success in removing there's and what the process was? Thanks

Why did you wish to remove it ? Is there too much blow by?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Motors designed to run with it. It modulates the recirculate on the exhaust. Will cause the computer to throw out all sorts of codes. Make sure and keep a rain cap on the muffler to prevent water from getting into the exhaust, and it should last a long time. Most egr failures are moisture and rust related

Joe88340

Equipment
BX 2660 M7040
Oct 7, 2014
Mt morris pa
I know that the earlier models didn't have them and that it was an add on. I just don't like the idea of running the exhaust back through the motor and putting less soot back into it by removing Thanks

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I know that the earlier models didn't have them and that it was an add on. I just don't like the idea of running the exhaust back through the motor and putting less soot back into it by removing Thanks
I removed the egr on my 5740. Quite easy, but not sure if the 7040 has any electronics attached. On mine it was straight mechanical. I agree that it is just plain dumb to make an engine eat its own poop. And they run great with it gone.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Make sure and keep a rain cap on the muffler to prevent water from getting into the exhaust, and it should last a long time. Most egr failures are moisture and rust related
After viewing parts catalog I fail to see how rain water down exhaust pipe could make it to EGR valve unless it was a lot of H2O.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Kubo man did u have to adjust the timing? Thanks
I have not yet but it needs to be. There is no good reason to have a clean engine belch smoke for a minute at startup. I checked the 7040 parts and your is mechanical so I see no reason you can't do it yourself. You will need to make some sealer plates to and rerout some water lines if you wish to get rid of the mechanism. Other wise it is a matter of disconnecting a sensor wire and pressure tube and it will be disabled.

On second look all there is, is a pressure line from the intake manifold. No electrics involved at all. Disconnect and plug the pressure line and its disabled.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
oregon
- First reply but we only got an L this summer. If you have a Tier 4 motor poke around on the diesel truck sites, I post under this user name on a Ford site. First off you will undoubtedly void your warranty if you mess with emissions. Second and more important you will need a tuner to keep the PCM happy without it's missing sensors. EPA has clamped down on those companies and they are hard to find. I've never even heard of one for any color tractor. It's also the reason I bought an '09. As someone else said, the emission systems really don't like idling.

Joe88340

Equipment
BX 2660 M7040
Oct 7, 2014
Mt morris pa
Thanks for the info. I'm going to get the tractor tomorrow. it was bought in December 2012 and has only 10 hours on it. I'm hoping that it doesn't have it at all. The gentleman that is selling isn't sure but if it does I'd like to remove.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Messin with any of the enviorlment stuff on a motor is really bad JUJU, and your 2012 dont got it anyways so no worries

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
The 2012 will have EGR but that is all. No electronic controls. Messing with emissions is not bad mojo and your engine will thank you.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK my friend explain how to fix/change/remove any and allof the EPA mandated crap. And I can bet in a few days you will have a suit knocking on your door,,, oh wait your a canuck, so he will be probbly be wearing a red jacket.. No really I know of at least one fellow that mess with his EPA mandated and factory installed poulation stuff, and his machine went in for some warrenty work NOT related to the poluation crap. Dealer turned him in voided his warrenty and was fined. Yes I know it soulds like an urben ledgend, but this one is true... Do as you will,, just sayin

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
OK my friend explain how to fix/change/remove any and allof the EPA mandated crap. And I can bet in a few days you will have a suit knocking on your door,,, oh wait your a canuck, so he will be probbly be wearing a red jacket.. No really I know of at least one fellow that mess with his EPA mandated and factory installed poulation stuff, and his machine went in for some warrenty work NOT related to the poluation crap. Dealer turned him in voided his warrenty and was fined. Yes I know it soulds like an urben ledgend, but this one is true... Do as you will,, just sayin
Warranty is only as good as your relationship with your dealer, whether you live north or south of the 49th. I have had dealer installed egr and dpf deletes done on several types of trucks and equipment. With the end result being cleaner oil, better mileage, more power, cooler EGTs lower maintenance costs and longer engine life.
Although I will admit that us "canucks" living here in western Canada have it made when it comes to epa mandated equipment modifications, as there is virtually zero enforcement of it here as long as your not driving like a moron, belching huge clouds of black smoke.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well hell thats good for you guys! And you must have a very good repore with your dealers, here in the lower 48 that aint gona happen.

Equipment
M6040, M5030DTSU, L2850,
Jun 4, 2017
CT
To delete the EGR is to plug the line that actuates it. Simple and before you bring it in for any dealer work, unplug it to return to normal.

If the line is plugged the EGR cant open, thus it cant send exhaust into your intake.
The m**40 series tractors have no computer to throw a code.

You would only need to block off everything if the individual components were failing, like on the 6.0 Fords

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
There's no reason to remove it. The engine was designed for it. EGR actually reduces EGT a little bit. Removing it can elevate the EGT. As long as Kubota's had EGR on some tractors, there has never been a single failure to my knowledge.