EA 55 grapple

JRS

Oct 27, 2021
Central Texas
I received my EA 55 this week after 4 months and have used it for a couple of hours moving brush piles. It is everything I hoped it would be. I am sure there are others out there that work as well. I just want to say that if you are on the fence about buying a grapple, I say go for it!

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I full agree
20211120_102247.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I think their awesome and I don't even have one!😊

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My Wicked 55 earns its keep.

EA 55 Grapple.JPG

Need to install a periscope one of these days!!

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I have an EA Wicked 72 & love it. It makes moving trees & brush much easier then pushing with the bucket or pulling with a chain.
1655014435086.jpeg

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I was watching the EA YouTube videos this morning and I'm convinced that's the one I want now. He pointed out all the upgrades he did. Plus keeping the weight down but a stronger metal! Toured through his shop and explained everything along with the impressive tools they use.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I was watching the EA YouTube videos this morning and I'm convinced that's the one I want now. He pointed out all the upgrades he did. Plus keeping the weight down but a stronger metal! Toured through his shop and explained everything along with the impressive tools they use.
The only complaint I had with mine, the length of time it took me to get it. Yet, once I got it and started using it, that quickly became a distant memory.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
My tractor would be far less useful without it’s grapple (Virnig).
83CE6351-2056-4D0C-8E33-EE7F8B975FAA.jpeg

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I was thinking about getting one from EA but they told me 4 to 5 months and by that time the only think I’m lifting is snow.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I was thinking about getting one from EA but they told me 4 to 5 months and by that time the only think I’m lifting is snow.
That was my hangup along with the 100% payment upon ordering. I had 100+ trees down (tornado) when I got my Kubota in February. My cleanup is not finished but all of my trails are open and my property is usable now and has been since late March vs. in the late Summer because I was able to get a strong, light grapple in stock elsewhere. No regrets.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m surprised any attachment I would want from Land Pride is available right now from my dealer but EA has weeks if not months get their attachments. Do the people in Kansas work faster ? I don’t know the answer to that why one company has jumped the Covid hurdle and the other one continues to struggle.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I’m surprised any attachment I would want from Land Pride is available right now from my dealer but EA has weeks if not months get their attachments. Do the people in Kansas work faster ? I don’t know the answer to that why one company has jumped the Covid hurdle and the other one continues to struggle.
The people in Kansas do work faster & harder (especially the 1s with grapples).😜
I have an EA grapple. They are a growing company manufacturing great products. The demand is high causing longer lead times. They have made the decision to expand and I hope it works out for them.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
I have an EA Wicked 72 & love it.
What do you think about the 72" width on your 4701? I have a 55" grapple and like the lower weight and manuverability, but wonder if I should have gone a bit wider (60"?). 72" feels big to me though!

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
What do you think about the 72" width on your 4701? I have a 55" grapple and like the lower weight and manuverability, but wonder if I should have gone a bit wider (60"?). 72" feels big to me though!
For me, the decision was between the 60” & 72”. My bucket is 72” & I am used to maneuvering it around my property. The difference in weight is 47lbs. My main reason for the purchase is reclaiming land (former production ground) that has grown over in undesirable trees (cedar, locust, hedge). I go into an area & cut a hole & just make it bigger. If I have a clearance issue on a trail, the tree comes down. I like the extra width for the support, allowing me to get a bigger bite on the trees & brush. I’m happy with my grapple. The only complaint is the serrations on the grapple edges. Sometimes, the grapple & tree branches just will not separate (I cuss some). BUT, there are an equal or greater number of times, when the serrations allow me to pick up a tree or whatever, that would not have been possible otherwise. I’m happy with my choice.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If you decide to move up, I might be interested in your old wore-out 55 ;). A grapple is in my long range plan and I think narrower would work better for me to reach between trees. I'm in West Tenn.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
For me, the decision was between the 60” & 72”. My bucket is 72” & I am used to maneuvering it around my property. The difference in weight is 47lbs. My main reason for the purchase is reclaiming land (former production ground) that has grown over in undesirable trees (cedar, locust, hedge). I go into an area & cut a hole & just make it bigger. If I have a clearance issue on a trail, the tree comes down. I like the extra width for the support, allowing me to get a bigger bite on the trees & brush. I’m happy with my grapple. The only complaint is the serrations on the grapple edges. Sometimes, the grapple & tree branches just will not separate (I cuss some). BUT, there are an equal or greater number of times, when the serrations allow me to pick up a tree or whatever, that would not have been possible otherwise. I’m happy with my choice.
Appreciate hearing the perspective. I've not been unhappy with my 55" in any way so far, though something a bit wider would make it easier to balance unevan loads like a tree with a rootball, I suspect. My bucket, rotary cutter, and land plane are all 72" wide so I guess the grapple would be no different when it comes to taking the width into account.

If you decide to move up, I might be interested in your old wore-out 55 ;). A grapple is in my long range plan and I think narrower would work better for me to reach between trees. I'm in West Tenn.
You might be disappointed, as mine's not a Wicked/EA grapple (it's Homestead Implements), and I'm quite happy with it to date so don't expect to swap for something larger unless someone walked up and offered a 60" without any work on my part :)

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
You might be disappointed, as mine's not a Wicked/EA grapple (it's Homestead Implements), and I'm quite happy with it to date so don't expect to swap for something larger unless someone walked up and offered a 60" without any work on my part :)
I'd 'settle' - I'm not as picky as some folks on here :). I've shopped around, the Homestead Pinnacle looks pretty good to me - just saying.

Reactions: 3 users