Dumb Question B7100 equipment dimensions

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I am wanting to purchase a couple of impliment for my B7100. I know it is cat 1. I purchased a pond scoop ( used ) I may need to do some fabricating on it to make it work. But for 50 dollars cant complain.In the future what dimensions do I need to watch for on distance between pins on the lower links and length the top link hooks to? Hope you understand what Iam asking. This time I will be doing like dusty if it dont work use welder, big hammer,grinder and saw.Thanks in advance . handyman:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Handy that's not a dumb question I think it's a good question that most guys don't even think about until it's too late on a purchase. :D You can use bushings between Cats and find the widest spread of your lower links will open up and realize you need an additional 6 inches to get your links over the pins of the attachment. Top links can be made to order, the shorter the higher it will lift but the less it will lower into the soil. The key is to never modify the lower links from the engineered strength because that can get you hurt if a weldment snaps under pressure. Remember old Newton's Law is in effect at all times :) I hope some of the other guys come along and add some details to this post....;)

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Thanks OB1 I will remember that. This time I will use spacers and a little ingenuity.Its a older scoop been used a lot will probably buildup the front lip with a hard surface rod then resharpen it. I bought a longer top link than I needed so I will keep it.I will purchase the shorter one that is adjustable from 13-19.5 inches. As you know this is my first tractor and am learning as I go. Glad you are sharing your knowledge with me and the others that also have jumped in to help.Thanks handyman

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
My TPH files are all too big to attach so if you can send me your E-Mail address, I can forward a copy of the ASAE TPH Standards --- it's way more than you would ever want to know.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Bruceatlam please check your private messages for a message. Ob1 Iam getting responce sounds good.Eserve I agree with Ob1 that is cool picture I bookmarked that one like their site also.I started on the pond scoop today will do little as time permits. I am redesigning the scoop to fit the the 3 point on my B7100 the scoop is 30 inches hope its not to large but its old.Thanks for the replies found out have to pay particular attention at :eek:distance between the lower hitch points.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I addresses some of the same issues in this thread a few months ago

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459

starting about reply #5

The Standard width for the lower links on a class I hitch is too wide for the rear wheels on my B7001. Vic had a number of good suggestions. I have a number of pics of the hitch and back blade on my gallery

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Bruceatlam please check your private messages for a message. Ob1 Iam getting responce sounds good.Eserve I agree with Ob1 that is cool picture I bookmarked that one like their site also.I started on the pond scoop today will do little as time permits. I am redesigning the scoop to fit the the 3 point on my B7100 the scoop is 30 inches hope its not to large but its old.Thanks for the replies found out have to pay particular attention at :eek:distance between the lower hitch points.
E-Mail sent -----

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Thanks stuart my wheels are already moved out but the pictures show you were having same problem as me.The scoop pins where lower arms connect are 31.5 inches wide.I think I have a solution for that I am welding some extensions inside the 3 ft. bucket the extensions will reduce the lower arm widith to 21 inches which will work I will try to figure out how to post a picture before and after remember this thing is like me older and not looking to good. Enjoyed looking at your pictures also.THANKS BRUCEATLAM I am going to get the E-mail now.:D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:D Made a couple of 5 inch extensions for each side of the scoop welded 2 new pins on, adjusted top link got this 30 inch bucket working. Little kubota handles it good. I used 2x2 1/4 inch wall for the extensions welded a plate on tubing welded pins to plate.Thanks OB1Kubota,Bruceatlam,Stuart and Eserv

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:DThanks for everyones replies tried the scoop out made extensions worked on toplink. Thanks to EVERYONES input made it a simple change over to fit the 7100 hitch. The scoop works well thanks again handyman.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Please post a few pics of the final hitch arrangements and the scoop in operation. I have a seasonal pond here which I want to landscape and make permanent.

Thanks

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:eek:I will try to get my wife to help me post a picture of it and where I welded the adapters.Just remember this thing is old was cheep and used on a much larger machine but works well on mine. The newer pond scoops will probably work on the setup easier than this particular one reasons I will note on picture.I will get my wife to help me with the pictures:eek:.I will send you a message when posted.:D Sorry I am not more computer literate. handyman

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:eek:Stuart please check your private messages. I tried to post some pics and will apologize to you again for not doing it. I am still trying to figure out how to do it:eek:. handyman