Dual wheels on B series Kubota's

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi

Over in Australia I've seen a few of b series kubota's - B6000, 6100, 7100 with dual ag wheels. I've seen at least 4 or 5 and am wondering if these are kubota options or are they aftermarket mod's?

They certainly look pretty cool. Anyone own one? and do they offer much more traction?

Cheers John

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm not so sure they get extra traction per say by adding extra wheels. When the extra wheels are added then the foot print has less pressure as the weight is now spread through a wider area.
The smaller the foot print the less wieght is displaced thus increasing traction.

Perhaps they are doing this to cause less damage to the terrain they are driving on by sorta floating on top.

Where I live we get snow and of course rain. The roads are dirt and also have hills. I've got a Ram 2500 4wd and every year I pass dually trucks of all makes because they can't get enough traction with the ass end because the extra wheels are displacing the weight.

There's my $0.02 :D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Just looking at the picture and thinking back on my old B 7100 I have this opinion. The inner tires seem to be slid in as far in as they will go. The axles on my old B model stuck out far enough that another set of hubs could have been added and then the extra tires bolted on. I bet that's how they did this to them.
I bet in good old sticky mud with the tires touching the way they are in the pic they would make one big slick. Without the space between them I don't see how they could shed the mud off like they are designed to do.

Looks cool though.:D