Dual rear remotes on my B2650

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
First off, sorry for the thread bump. Been a long time lurker first time poster. I've been going over this thread and I'm ready to pull the trigger on adding rear remotes on my B2650 but was hoping for a picture, or a little better clarification from @Chad D. or any one on how they did this on a machine already equipped with 3rd function.

I did the 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulic 3 years ago to run a grapple. Works great but uses the PB & T port typically tied into for adding the rear remotes. I reached out to Summit before finding this thread and their recommendation was to add one of these splitters but that seems overly complicated/expensive.
Can I "tee" into the PB and T ports going to the 3rd function kit to run the rear remotes, add the low pressure drain line and be good to go? Or can/should I them in parallel, remove the connection at the T port from the 3rd function, run that into the rear remotes, then a line to the T port on the loader valve and low pressure and I'm good? I'm only looking to run a hydraulic top link, maybe do a TnT set up way down the road.
Your rear remote valve must be configured for power beyond. Did you get it from Summit? Post a picture of the new valve. To hook it in you place it in series with the third function:
  1. Remove the hose connected to T on the Summit third function valve.
  2. Connect T on the third function valve to P on the new rear remote valve.
  3. Connect PB on rear remote to the port where the third function was previously connected.
  4. Finally run a new hose from T on rear remote to tank on the tractor.
Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
Your rear remote valve must be configured for power beyond. Did you get it from Summit? Post a picture of the new valve. To hook it in you place it in series with the third function:
  1. Remove the hose connected to T on the Summit third function valve.
  2. Connect T on the third function valve to P on the new rear remote valve.
  3. Connect PB on rear remote to the port where the third function was previously connected.
  4. Finally run a new hose from T on rear remote to tank on the tractor.
Dan
I haven't bought anything yet. Was hoping I could use one of the set ups listed in this thread. Thanks a bunch for the help & insight!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I haven't bought anything yet. Was hoping I could use one of the set ups listed in this thread. Thanks a bunch for the help & insight!
There is nothing special about the valve. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to mount it. This valve from Summit is inexpensive and works fine - I have one on a L3901.

Dan

biketopia

Equipment
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
There is nothing special about the valve. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to mount it. This valve from Summit is inexpensive and works fine - I have one on a L3901.

Dan
Good deal. I had the single version of that valve saved but after doing more looking and thinking decided a dual set up would be the smarter way to go if I'm going to do it. Thanks so much for the help! I'm going to try and look at the machine this weekend and figure out everything I need to buy fitting and part wise & get it coming. I can make the hoses locally.

If...big IF I wanted to ever run something that needs constant flow like a log splitter would I need one of those valves to have a float function or a different valve all together?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Good deal. I had the single version of that valve saved but after doing more looking and thinking decided a dual set up would be the smarter way to go if I'm going to do it. Thanks so much for the help! I'm going to try and look at the machine this weekend and figure out everything I need to buy fitting and part wise & get it coming. I can make the hoses locally.

If...big IF I wanted to ever run something that needs constant flow like a log splitter would I need one of those valves to have a float function or a different valve all together?
Float has no purpose here. The simplest way to do that is by putting a quick connnect on the PB port of the remote valve.

To power your log splitter shut the tractor off, disconnect the coupler and connect the two hslves to the log splitter supply hoses. Restart the tractor. Done.

To disconnect shut the tractor off, disconnect the splitter and reconnect the tractor side coupler halves. Restart the tractor. Done

Dan

Last edited:

biketopia

Equipment
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
Float has no purpose here. The simplest way to do that is by putting a quick connnect on the PB port of the remote valve.

To power your log splitter shut the tractor off, disconnect the coupler and connect the two hslves to the log splitter supply hoses. Restart the tractor. Done.

Dan
Ten four simple enough!! I have no use for a 3pt splitter as I have a gas powered one and don't currently heat with wood, was just a thought while gathering parts. Is there any benefit to having a float valve for the rear remotes, or more for a specific use cases? I'll mainly be using them for a top link with my box blade, pulverizer, and tiller. And then maybe one day I'll add a power tilt but it's not high on my list with how I use my tractor, at least for now.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ten four simple enough!! I have no use for a 3pt splitter as I have a gas powered one and don't currently heat with wood, was just a thought while gathering parts. Is there any benefit to having a float valve for the rear remotes, or more for a specific use cases? I'll mainly be using them for a top link with my box blade, pulverizer, and tiller. And then maybe one day I'll add a power tilt but it's not high on my list with how I use my tractor, at least for now.
I just used log splitter as an example.

The value of float is an opinion and I wont offer mine. I am sure plenty of others will.

Dan