Driveline too short

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
New to me tractor and tiller. BX2360 with a Landpride 542 tiller. I put a QH05 quick hitch on and now driveline comes apart.
Where can i find just replacement tubes so i can lengthen the driveline. The yokes have a roll pin i see to drive out

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Could just remove the QH. It would work until you could get parts. It might be cheaper to buy a whole new PTO shaft from https://www.agrisupply.com/ shop for the parts there also.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If the driveline came apart when you added the quick hitch it was probably too short to start with. I went through that recently and just bought a new PTO shaft.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This suggestion is for the next time you post.

The Landpride model number 542 is very misleading.

I looked for it and after a while realized you likely meant RTR0542.

With the on line, downloadable parts manual I can see that Landpride uses 4 possible pto shaft configurations. Two by COMER and Two by EUROCARDAN.

These two companies are known worldwide and parts such as shaft halves are readily available.

The two manufacturers each either use a shear bolt or a slip clutch.

Here is a link to the parts manual. Look starting at page 20.

Landpride parts

You should quickly be able to tell which brand of shaft you have and further know is you have a shear bolt or slip clutch.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Whatscooking

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Indiana
I have the Comer with a slip clutch. It list no part numbers for the tube. The Eorocardan # 5&6 are the parts i need.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I have the Comer with a slip clutch. It list no part numbers for the tube. The Eorocardan # 5&6 are the parts i need.
You are correct the shaft half parts are not broken out by Landpride.

I will attach a Comer document that may help you determine which series and style of pto shaft you have.

Unfortunately this document is in a number of languages which make it tougher to find what you need.

The pto shafts are rated in series. 10 to 80 I think. My 75 hp tractor uses the 50 series so I would expect your tiller is a 50 series or smaller.

Page 4 & 5 show shaft cross sections and dimensions which should make measuring yours compared to the profiles easy.

Companies like Agristore should be able to provide you with the shaft halves. If you can tell them the Comer series it makes things easier and they may recognize the Landpride number 826-505C . The "50" may be denoting Comer 50 series.

Don't give up. You have a quality pto shaft. You will be able to move anywhere in the world and find parts for it.:)

Dave

Attachments

Whatscooking

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Indiana
I took off first thing this morning to what was our long ago Massey dealer. The son still behind the parts counter. Took the shaft with me. He got out his micrometer and dissapeared and came back with the correct tubes. He measured the length of everything came up with 12 inches he went and cut them neatly for $20.00. Came home and have been beating and drilling and i got them together. Went ahead and took off the side chain cover and found the idler poped off its snap ring and cocked around. Back together and filling both gear boxes now.
What oil, 80 90 ok

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Do you have the operators manual.

It is here:

Manual

forum Landpride tiller.jpg

The Shell product is actually a grease and has been renamed: Shell Gladus Not available in small sizes. Do not mix oil and grease.

You should go through the slip clutch adjustment procedure before use.

Snap rings which come off have usually been put on backwards. There is an inner and an outer surface created during manufacturing.

Kubota's owners' manual addresses this matter.

forum snap rings .jpg

If this is confusing ask more questions.

Dave

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If the driveline came apart when you added the quick hitch it was probably too short to start with. I went through that recently and just bought a new PTO shaft.
no
on bx's the shaft must be cut way down in order for it to even fit without binding while lifting or lowering the implement. It's challenging to get them the right length without removing too much. It has everything to do with the 3ph geometry of the bx tractor.

Then adding a QH moves the implement back another 6" or whatever it is (I think that's close), so the shaft, already having to be short, becomes too short with the QH, combined with the QH's change in 3ph geometry.