Driveline refresh

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Getting close to starting the driveline overhaul. Already bought the boots and balls even a fan while I'm there and the spring that is close by that returns everything to neutral.
I have spent alot if time researching how but i see lt all depends. My BX 2360 has a floorboard that can be removed seperatly from the fender which if is true would allow axcess to all and i hope removal of the shaft so i can do both ends.
Anyone done it this way?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Getting close to starting the driveline overhaul. Already bought the boots and balls even a fan while I'm there and the spring that is close by that returns everything to neutral.
I have spent alot if time researching how but i see lt all depends. My BX 2360 has a floorboard that can be removed seperatly from the fender which if is true would allow axcess to all and i hope removal of the shaft so i can do both ends.
Anyone done it this way?

My "boots" were shot - Me and another member created a "new boot" - a split boot that has worked perfectly!!! He did all the grunt work and had several 100 made. I got a set and installed them - it was tough to get to some points while being up under the machine - but a few cuss words and a lot of sweat, it was done. I have long since been out of touch with him, not sure if he still has any of these boots.

And As for taking the deck off ..... I am not sure it is that simple, I may be wrong but to get to the underside, you have to take a hellva lot off the top side!