Drive-over Deck compatabilty with BX23S? (subframe issue?)

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
I was told today by a dealer that the 54" inch drive-over deck is not very popular with the BX23S (Backhoe model of the BX line) - due to clearance issues between the drive-over deck components and parts of the Backhoe model specific subframe.

The specific tractor and deck models are:

- 2019 BX23S TRACTOR, LOADER, BACKHOE

- 54" RCK54-26BX DRIVE OVER DECK

Is anyone familiar with this issue? How significant is the issue if it is a problem? Does it affect the maximum height when cutting, or the maximum height when transporting the mower when not in use? I'm assuming that one (the cutting height) is a much more serious matter. The transport is less an issue to me - as the whole point of a drive over deck is easy removal and I was anticipating removing the deck when using the machine for non-mowing purposes. I'm buying the tractor for a small 5 acre "farmette" (no livestock larger than goats) type property. I only have about 1 acre to mow, and am primarily purchasing the tractor for other landscaping purposes, but since it can mow, would like it to.

Thanks for any input. This could be *very* important to my purchase so thanks in advance for any help.

-Calvin

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I've got the 23S and bought it for the exact same reasons, but I'm planning to get the standard deck instead if the drive-over. From watching the Messicks video, the standard deck only takes a few moments longer to get on & off and, more importantly, it lets me take advantage of the bxpanded Under Armor under the tractor. I can't recall if the drive-over hardware is compatible with the Under Armor but I've got to get down there to take it off anyhow, so....

If you haven't already bought your 23S, I'd confidently say that you're going to love it. It's a super capable little machine and has handled everything Ive thrown at it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
Thank you for the outstanding point regarding the armor. Not something I’d ever have thought of, but the armor is important due to foliage around my place.

Calvin

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Yeah the singular complaint I've heard about the 23S is the HST cooling fan. It's a plastic fan and susceptible to having the blades shorn off by even small sticks/twigs/branches, and is a $1000+ repair. That under armor is gold to protect the whole works, and uses the mid mount mower attach points so it can literally be removed in seconds.

If you haven't already, when you get your tractor head over to bxpanded.com. Get the under armor, the pirahna bar, and the backhoe removal dolly. In that order lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk