Drifting throttle

Cave Road

Jan 19, 2017
Campbellsville, KY, USA
Finally I'm back. I still have the B7100 and now I've added a B7200 HST. I'm having an issue with the 7200 maintaining throttle speed while mowing. The throttle is easing down, sometimes in as little as 30 seconds but usually longer, and I keep having to bump it back up to maintain PTO speed. Any way to make this stay in place?

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I am not sure of the B7200 but on my BX there are two nuts under it to adjust it. Set the top one and snug the bottom one to the top so it will not back off.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Finally I'm back. I still have the B7100 and now I've added a B7200 HST. I'm having an issue with the 7200 maintaining throttle speed while mowing. The throttle is easing down, sometimes in as little as 30 seconds but usually longer, and I keep having to bump it back up to maintain PTO speed. Any way to make this stay in place?
No nuts on my B7200DT which recently started doing the same thing. The throttle linkage runs in a couple nylon bushings and is held together with cotter pins. Best I can determine wear in those bushings loosens them up allowing the throttle to walk. The DT has a foot throttle so I have not worried about it to the point of actually trying to fix it. New bushings or a couple belleville washers to tighten things up would be my first thoughts. Or do what I do when using it for stationary PTO work and strap a bungee cord on to it :rolleyes:

Dan

Cave Road

Jan 19, 2017
Campbellsville, KY, USA
No nuts on my B7200DT which recently started doing the same thing. The throttle linkage runs in a couple nylon bushings and is held together with cotter pins. Best I can determine wear in those bushings loosens them up allowing the throttle to walk. The DT has a foot throttle so I have not worried about it to the point of actually trying to fix it. New bushings or a couple belleville washers to tighten things up would be my first thoughts. Or do what I do when using it for stationary PTO work and strap a bungee cord on to it :rolleyes:

Dan
The HST has no foot throttle, which would be hard to use with the HST. I'm going out to check mine soon. Had to pick up some grease today for the mower deck so I'll get a few things done today. Also have to take the B7100 down to the water hose to try cleaning the radiator fins. She's getting hot too quickly.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Being HST I did not expect it would.
The HST has no foot throttle, which would be hard to use with the HST. I'm going out to check mine soon. Had to pick up some grease today for the mower deck so I'll get a few things done today. Also have to take the B7100 down to the water hose to try cleaning the radiator fins. She's getting hot too quickly.
I will be interested in hearing how it goes.

Dan