Don't make em like they used to

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I had to put a fan belt on my L3000 today. It hadn't come apart yet but it was on it's last leg. Dang thing only lasted 18 years. What's the world coming to :confused:

Jpatrick

Equipment
BX1850, L210, Various 3 point implements
Apr 4, 2017
Buckingham, Pa
Hm. The fan belt in my L210 is decades old, cracked, and still works like a champ. If it breaks, I'll replace it with an equivalent Gates v-belt.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I know it man, the clutch is starting to stay engaged after 38 years of use on my L1501:rolleyes: Guess she's getting cranky that she's been sitting more. Free's up after about 30 seconds. It is a little awkward getting the tractor started though :rolleyes: Made a block to keep the clutch pressed in when parked, and in a week or so, I'll take it over and mow the neighbors pasture to give it a good workout :D

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
When my glow plug controller went out a couple years ago I called the dealer parts Dept and inquired. The parts guy said "yeah, I've got one in stock but they're kinda pricey" I asked how much and he said $70 and tax. I told him that didn't sound bad since it is literally the first and only part I've ever had to replace besides normal filters. All belts hoses etc are now 19 years old.
I just recently noticed a small leak at a loader cylinder seal but I can live with it for now.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hm. If it breaks, I'll replace it with an equivalent Gates v-belt.
That was the first thing that crossed my mind because it was still doing okay just looked very bad.
Then I thought about how far away from home I get at times. I pictured being in the hay field alone, about 100 degrees and no phone service. I figured the new belt was a good investment.

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
I recently traded in my B2100. Had it about 18 years.
It still had the original mower deck belt on it and the original fan belt. The fan belt looked pretty rough so I replaced it.
I thought I was fortunate. I guess we're all fortunate.
More of a testament of belts than tractors, but Kubota's pulley system and tensioning system I'm sure has a lot to do with belt life.