dolly for FEL

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Non issue with me. I use the loader from one of my M9's to move the removed loader from the other M9 around. Nice to have 2. Simplifies things greatly..... and gives me another tractor too. (y)
I'll run this by the wife as justification for a his and hers set!!! ;)

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have busted thoses HF dollys myself. For some applications they might work. But not for all.
I've built a dolly for a customers snowblower to move around in his garage and another customer for his snow plow to move around in his garage.
If you weld use steel tube and decent castors. McMaster Carr has a german blue castor that with one push your FEL is down the street. If you don't weld support your local fabricator. Or if you work with wood. A strong wood frame and decent castors.
I am no welder and know of nobody, so it would need to be a professional.

I am going to try either a wood build or start with a heavy duty pallet, free from work.
I would add a flat plywood surface on top and casters to the bottom.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont think 1 HF dolly will hold up but 2 side by side should hold anything you need. and if they do bust you still have the wheels to screw onto another frame. The wheels would cost you that much any ways

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I dont think 1 HF dolly will hold up but 2 side by side should hold anything you need. and if they do bust you still have the wheels to screw onto another frame. The wheels would cost you that much any ways
Problem is, the HF dollies use crap Chinese casters with tiny wheels. Good for smooth surfaces, not so good for anything else. The heart of any good dolly is the wheels. You want large diameter hard rubber or neoprene tires on steel wheels with ball bearing turntables and foot operated friction brakes. That ain't gonna happen with HF dollies.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
While what you say is true, really how many times is someone going to roll it around, I mean really for his intended usage a bolt through a round piece of wood would work. However if that dolly is something to be used every day under big loads I agree with you,, other wise it becomes a moot point

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have the HF dollies for my snowblower, rear blade and land plane.
I am in a concrete pole building and these dollies are not a smooth as I would expect, knowing they are cheap wheels.
I actually was in HF the other day looking at their other casters and none of those were really all that great. Better than what is on there, yes but it is HF so nothing outstanding.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have the HF dollies for my snowblower, rear blade and land plane.
I am in a concrete pole building and these dollies are not a smooth as I would expect, knowing they are cheap wheels.
I actually was in HF the other day looking at their other casters and none of those were really all that great. Better than what is on there, yes but it is HF so nothing outstanding.

Go check out a Tractor Supply store. Mine has a nice selection of heavy duty casters with solid cast steel wheels and ones with neoprene tires as well in all sizes.

Just built a welding table from a piece of 4 x 6 1/4" mild steel plate with angle iron legs and I wanted it moveable and it weighs around 1000 pounds. Got 2 fixed and 2 swivel neoprene tired casters at TSC, each rated for 500 pounds working load with friction brakes on the fixed casters. I think the 4 were 60 bucks and they work fine.

HF has some good stuff (like Icon tools and Bauer cordless tools but some of their stuff is very questionable in quality.