Do I need Stationary PTO Switch?

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
I am getting an L3560 Limited Edition ROP's. One of the tasks I plan to use it for is to dig a bunch of post holes with a PTO driven post hole auger. I know one of the items not on the Limited Edition of the L3560 is the Stationary PTO Switch. Will I need to add this to the tractor to run the post hole digger? If so, I'd like to get it added or add it myself before right away. I am brand new to tractors so forgive what may be a very basic question. Thanks.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I don't have one myself but the phd that my brother had he never left the seat. Throttle down to dig lift throttle up to clean the dirt from the auger. Repeat as necessary.

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
My tractor's pto system allows for off-seat rear pto operation only the parking brake is engaged and locked. There's a button switch behind the dash that is opened when the parking brake locking lever is pushed down and latched with the brakes fully engaged. I found that out when I couldn't get off the seat this winter to operate the chipper as I have for years already. My tightening the brake pedal play to spec at the 600 hour maintenance interval threw the park brake switch out enough that it wasn't being contacted properly any more by the lock lever mechanism. 2 full turns of it's adjusting screw and all's good2go now.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I don't have one myself but the phd that my brother had he never left the seat. Throttle down to dig lift throttle up to clean the dirt from the auger. Repeat as necessary.
I have never left the seat of my tractor when using the post hole digger either.

Actually a GOOD idea to stay in the seat. Can not imagine trying to use the PHD without being in the seat anyway. OR the reason why one would want to do that...bad things happen if you get hung up in the rotating parts of the PHD. They look so harmless...

Reactions: 1 users