Diverter valve

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Anyone else using a diverted valve to operate their TNT? I have the factory TNT setup on my tractor and to eliminate the need to use up two sets of rear remotes I installed a Summit Hydraulics Hydraulic Multiplier Kit so I could operate my TNT with only one of the factory remotes instead of two. These kits are inexpensive and work great. Was just wondering if anyone else was running their TNT setup like this and if so how do you like it.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
We just stared selling a diverter kit for JD 3-series machines to do just that. Diverters are a very cost effective way to add a circuit for grapples, TNT setups, chute control on snowblowers, etc.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Ken I'm sure they will be a good seller for you they work great. I only have two rear remotes on my tractor the dealer wanted almost 900 to add the third position and it cost me less than half that for the diverted setup. By the way thanks again for the gauge setup I got from you for my old L3901 it worked great and I received it super fast.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
This sounds like a fabulous idea!

If I understand this correctly, you could plumb this on the work side of the loader control valve and, for example, use the joystick to control the TNT? Throw a switch, loader control; throw a switch, TNT control?

Are there any drawbacks over a Power Beyond set-up, other than having to push a button to switch controls? With the SCV I assume there is no issue switching with the hydro pump running?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
If I understand this correctly, you could plumb this on the work side of the loader control valve and, for example, use the joystick to control the TNT? Throw a switch, loader control; throw a switch, TNT control?
That can work, but you'd need two diverter valves, then real estate becomes an issue. It could be cheaper to add a new, independent valve via the PB circuit.

Are there any drawbacks over a Power Beyond set-up, other than having to push a button to switch controls? With the SCV I assume there is no issue switching with the hydro pump running?
Sort of stated above, real estate and cost for two diverter valves plus all the fittings and hoses.

No issue switching, the diverters are on the "work" port side of the valve so no fluid is flowing when the valve is in neutral anyway.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Ken I'm sure they will be a good seller for you they work great. I only have two rear remotes on my tractor the dealer wanted almost 900 to add the third position and it cost me less than half that for the diverted setup. By the way thanks again for the gauge setup I got from you for my old L3901 it worked great and I received it super fast.
Thanks Ed :D

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Mine isn’t setup like you’re thinking. I have the 1stand 2nd position dealer installed rear remotes on my tractor I could have just plugged the TNT into these remotes but that would not leave me with any to plug my stump grinder or any other attachment that needs hydraulics in back there so to add another set I used the diverter that used one set for both the top and tilt cylinders and I still have the other set free for my attachments that need hydraulics.

This sounds like a fabulous idea!

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Here is a different type of diverter than what is being mentioned by Ed and Kenny. These diverters can be easily stacked to get several sets of work ports all from a single control valve.

The red tractor has a single OEM rear remote, all that they offer,:( 4 were needed. 3 diverters were added.:cool:

The blue tractor had 3 OEM rear remotes, all that were offered.:( 5 were needed. 2 diverters were added.;)

The grey control grip has 3 switches that control which diverter is actuated and the movement of the lever then delivers the flow to the desired cylinder to be adjusted.

Almost as good as Factory.

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Awesome setup

Here is a different type of diverter than what is being mentioned by Ed and Kenny. These diverters can be easily stacked to get several sets of work ports all from a single control valve.

The red tractor has a single OEM rear remote, all that they offer,:( 4 were needed. 3 diverters were added.:cool:

The blue tractor had 3 OEM rear remotes, all that were offered.:( 5 were needed. 2 diverters were added.;)

The grey control grip has 3 switches that control which diverter is actuated and the movement of the lever then delivers the flow to the desired cylinder to be adjusted.

Almost as good as Factory.

mrcarnage2

Equipment
B3300SU
Nov 13, 2017
Pullman, MI, USA
Anyone else using a diverted valve to operate their TNT? I have the factory TNT setup on my tractor and to eliminate the need to use up two sets of rear remotes I installed a Summit Hydraulics Hydraulic Multiplier Kit so I could operate my TNT with only one of the factory remotes instead of two. These kits are inexpensive and work great. Was just wondering if anyone else was running their TNT setup like this and if so how do you like it.
Sorry, NOOB question. What does TNT stand for. probably simple just not getting it?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I ended up adding the 3rd position rear remote and the diverter valve for a total of 4 rear remotes on this little MX and so far I'm happy with the setup.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
This is an older thread but this may be relative. Also have an MX w/ dealer single rear remote. Don't believe any tractors below the M Class are equipped w/ remotes from factory. MX is still a compact.

Anyway added a diverter block or remote multiplier to obtain an additional remote.

Link is below if interested. This was the most economical solution that my research found.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38914

mrcarnage2

Equipment
B3300SU
Nov 13, 2017
Pullman, MI, USA
This is an older thread but this may be relative. Also have an MX w/ dealer single rear remote. Don't believe any tractors below the M Class are equipped w/ remotes from factory. MX is still a compact.

Anyway added a diverter block or remote multiplier to obtain an additional remote.

Link is below if interested. This was the most economical solution that my research found.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38914
Nice set up!!! I'll be looking to add a diverter to front because I want to add a thumb to the bucket. These diverters seem to be the best cost effective way to get another function to the FEL without adding a "true" 3rd function kit to the tractor. I've noticed that the majority of the cost to using the diverter isn't the diverter itself its the hoses, fittings and cylinder (if you are adding one).

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I run mine off the loader valve. I can either plug in there, or I can plug in the hoses permanently mounted running to the back to give me 3 rear remotes.

No kit, made it up from parts needed.

npalen

Equipment
B9200
Feb 10, 2016
Beloit, KS
I use a mechanical diverter valve on the bucket tilt ports of the loader valve and have noticed some issues with leakage between the two resulting functions.
Wondering if this is true with other diverters. Mine is a rotary spool type