Direction of rear wheels

JR79

Equipment
L275
Mar 9, 2020
Andover
I am seeking advice on the correct orientation of the rear wheels (not tires!) on my L275.

Do the hoops belong in or out?

I can get into detail more if needed. Maybe this is a simple answer.....

What I am asking is, is this wheel correct (hoops out)?

20210618_170800.jpg

VS. This....hoops in.....

20210615_164237.jpg

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Your rims are designed to be either way. You find this type of set up for row crop tractors most often as this allows different widths of tire spacing for different row widths. So make it to the width you want or need.

Reactions: 1 user

JR79

Equipment
L275
Mar 9, 2020
Andover
OK. So how about that new wheel in the pic? The center section can only bolt up to one side with it....

JR79

Equipment
L275
Mar 9, 2020
Andover
Perhaps I need to give some more info.

The left rear tire on my L275 was dry rotted. I took it to my local Ag tire shop for R&R. Upon removal of the old tire it was obvious the wheel was in need of replacement also....gotta love that calcium chloride!
So they ordered a rim and tire and said they would call when ready. The following day I get a call asking which side this was for. I thought it an odd question being they had the assembly but I digress. Told them left rear. Picked up the loaded assembly, this time with beet juice, on Tuesday $680 poorer. Assembly sat in the back of the truck until tonight. Went to put the center section on and that is when I noticed they mounted the tire to the new rim backwards from the original. This will obviously change the offset drastically. So now I am curious. What is the "correct" way? Hoops to the inside or outside? Either way it has to go back to get swapped so it matches the other side. I want to get my facts straight before hand so I know who is going to eat the remount. This is a large volume Ag/mining tire dealer and I am confident they know more about this subject than I :)

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
That rim will mount 6 ways. So the question is how do you want the tire mounted? The rim may need to be turned inside the tire to match the one you already have,

JR79

Equipment
L275
Mar 9, 2020
Andover
So basically what I am gathering is there is no left or right side as the tire shop implied. They should have been more focused on matching the original set up....

Which gives me some traction to make them eat the remount cost when I go back.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
That rim will mount 6 ways. So the question is how do you want the tire mounted? The rim may need to be turned inside the tire to match the one you already have,
Rims on mine are same type mount. Took me forever to figure out how they worked. Looked at the manual. Looked at the rim. Asked a dumb question here and got a variety of answers. Asked the same dumb question on TBN and got crickets. Finally sat down beside the rims with the manual in hand, stared at it for 15 minutes and an epiphany of enlightenment suddenly flooded my apparently tiny mind. After all that I left them where they were to begin with.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious as to why you didn't get a KUB rim....
..however you should be able to mount the 'tire and rim' to the 'center section' , FOUR different ways and one of them will give the same 'offset' as your right rear.

Why they asked about 'what tire' was to get the tread going the correct direction. The white rim should give you all 4 spacings.

Now the 'fun' is, did they mount the tire correctly. Did they have the original center or just the tire/rim ?

If you want an education......grab a Ford 9N manual and look at the diagrams on how to get 8 different 'track' (width) of rears..... as NCL said. ONCE the lightbulb comes on, it makes sense.

Jay

JR79

Equipment
L275
Mar 9, 2020
Andover
curious as to why you didn't get a KUB rim....
..however you should be able to mount the 'tire and rim' to the 'center section' , FOUR different ways and one of them will give the same 'offset' as your right rear.

Why they asked about 'what tire' was to get the tread going the correct direction. The white rim should give you all 4 spacings.

Now the 'fun' is, did they mount the tire correctly. Did they have the original center or just the tire/rim ?

If you want an education......grab a Ford 9N manual and look at the diagrams on how to get 8 different 'track' (width) of rears..... as NCL said. ONCE the lightbulb comes on, it makes sense.

Jay

I didn't buy a Kubota rim for a couple of reasons. 1, my local Kubota dealer said it could be several days to a week out. 2, they aren't close to me. 3, the Ag tire shop said they could get me one. One stop shop was an attractive option.

I'm assuming you are assuming the center section can be mounted to both sides of the hoops. It can not. Only one side of the hoops have a flat landing allowing the center section to mate up. Therefore I only see 2 ways it can be mounted to this particular wheel, neither of which will match the other side.

The shop had the original wheel - they broke the old tire down before I concluded it wasn't worth reusing. It was thin. BUT In fairness I did take it with me when I left so they did not have it for comparison when they mounted the new tire to the new wheel. They asked which side it was for....hence the original question why would they ask that specific question rather than be concerned about the orientation of the original tire/wheel.

From the comments I've received here it is apparrant they goofed up. I'm hoping they will fix this on their dime.