dimensions for the Kubota B219 / B1630 loaders

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sure, but he was talking about attaching a pump to his crankshaft splines. That's why i assumed the pump would operate at crankshaft rpms. But it's entirely possible that something about that statement was a misunderstanding because a 5gpm @ 1000 rpm pump would stall a b7001 at 1000rpm if any load were placed on the hydraulics, and once revved up would probably make the loader very jerky/fast moving to the point i think a lot of people would complain about it. At this rate we'll never know what the truth was unless he gets an email notification and decides to pop back in.
Arrg - this is what happens when you dont read the entire thread.

A 5 GPM @1000 RPM fixed displacement pump would be roughly 1.3 CID and you would need about 6HP to drive it @2000 PSI. Crank it up to 2000 RPM and 10 GPM and @2000 PSI you are sinking about 11.8 HP.

That would be a real load on a 16HP B7100 but it should run it without stalling. I have hung several pumps that size and even a bit larger on a 22 HP L-head. Those customers are typically looking to run a loader and/or log splitter. and I have two on the schedule right now. No problem with engine power but its the max displacement I recommend because the sump on those tractors only holds 5 gallons and with prolonged operation at 1500-2000 RPM aeration starts to become a concern.

Dan

IMG_1305.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
I agree it would be workable, just.. sensitive. The thing about HP requirements is it doesn't tell you anything about the 'transient' load or whether the engine can cope with that.. So I think it's possible that you could take a B7100 engine at 1000rpm, and slowly load it to a '6hp load' and it might be able to govern itself to stay running at that 1000rpm. Maybe. But if you just pull a loader valve and wham a 6hp load onto that engine at 1000rpm, i strongly suspect it'll stall before anything in the injection pump has time to react. HP is not totally linear with rpm and the injection pump/governor has to move some pieces around to react to changing loads, and i suspect that that size of pump on that size of engine, at that rpm, it would be very easy to 'outrun' the ability of the pump/governor to adjust. At high rpm (or on a larger, heavier engine making a similar amount of power, like that L-head) you have more momentum in the rotating assembly and driveline to soak up 'hits' like that, so it'll just bog for a split second and then quickly recover. But at 1000 rpm on a lighter engine when you bog by hundreds of rpm for a split second, you're just gonna stall.

That's the thinking behind what I said, anyway.

Anecdotally, on my B6100 when the engine is at idle I can stall it with the 3pt which is only a ~3gpm pump at full rpm, probably doing 1gpm at idle. I think it's regulated to something like 1700psi but if the engine stalls you clearly never even got that far! So ~1gpm, <1700psi to stall a similar engine at idle. 1000 rpm would be better, but not by very much.

Last edited:

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Govenor gain is determined by the factory. mechanical always has some lag, but they are actually pretty sensitive. Fly weights and springs direct coupled to the fuel rack. (Generalized statement) really don't have a ton of moving parts. The problem were facing is the engine isn't making peak torque or hp at 1000 rpm. Probably closer to 3000 rpm for most of our engines. Either way you look at it the pump is just too big for the application.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Hello.

First of all sorry for the late replies. I have been very busy in real life. It has been nearly a 2 year effort to sort of come to an end. I made it a point to get it painted this summer so I started tackling it from Jun. In my little free time (after work/farm work/animal duties). Paint is alkyd big mistake as scratches easily and fades but cheap and easy to get to touch up even if orange like red fades quickly. I got to give it 4 light coats of 1 primer, 1 undercoat and 2 topcoats. Since they are oil based I had to wait a bit before applying the following coat even if most of the time here temps were as high as 40 degrees Celsius and most o the parts were left outside to dry.

Since it was rather rusty I sand blasted most of it. 😇. All in house with own designed Pot and Compressor. It is quite a feat for the tractor to run it as it is a big bore - operated by a 15hp electrical motor. First stage compressor is almost 6" in diameter and Second stage is 3". Yes, The tractor struggles a lot but i try running it in short goes (1 to 2 hours). It is big enough to maintain a steady supply of air at about 5 bar which i think is the best for Garnet grit. It was also a never ending project :D

Some bits went for galv. Including pump guard which was done in haste over the weekend to make it on time to galv it. No time to test fit arm movement as they were out hanging in the sun soaking up uv rays. Sadly the guard fouled the hydraulic lines so I had to chop it :(

With regards to avoiding engine running loaded and hot due to extra stress related to pump at the front. I will detach arms and keep the subframe and tank and controller on. Just undoing the hoses from controller and screwing in plugs. Hoses are too short to add quick release. Since pump is connected by two chain couplers I can undo them and pump stays on but disengaged. I think it should work fine and Loader bits that stay on add some stability to the tractor when pulling the trailer or baler.

With regards to pump size. I think that I sent it back to the UK and the company agreed to resend me a better suited pump with no extra charge in exchange of the one I had bought . I forgot if I asked for a smaller pump. The speed of the loader is ok in my opinion and an adjust by revving up and down the engine.

I am not very technical and have no hydraulic training so it is mostly hit and miss and asking for advice here and there and online. Even with welding and spraying. I have lots of cavitation since I was very very focused on proper penetration in crucial points that I over did it ( most of the work was done with an invertor welder with 3.2 welding rods.

Cheers joseph

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
More photos, I cannot upload videos but the bright yellow thing with 2 upright tanks in the background is the PTO driven compressor. I need to paint up the modified guard and install the bucket and off to play :)

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nicest homebuilt FEL I've seen.
Well done!

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Awesome, Joseph
Do you have the dimensions for copying your loader build?
hi sorry very busy and tired here and been away greatly. the dimensions I used were supplied in this thread and then a lot of guess work. The hydraulics were bought off ebay.co.uk to match.

Reactions: 1 user