Diesel

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA

The article leaves out several facts. One in particular. In this area, low income neighborhoods are typically nearer highways and interstates than others.

Enjoy the article, and get ready for goods' costs to increase even more, thanks to more regulation.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Absolutely no misinformation or slant to that article. We had a Case dealer who stated years ago how it works. You always tell the truth, just no more than you have to. I figure that there are more who live by that motto.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
If you haven't figured out that the end game of the Green movement is the outlawing if the internal combustion engine then there is truly no hope for you.

Reactions: 2 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Self appointed "experts" pushing for their political goal, which apparently is to starve us. Less humans means less carbon.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA

WASHINGTON -- The Trump administration on Monday took its first step toward tighter pollution controls on trucks.
Andrew Wheeler, head of the Environmental Protection Agency, began the legal and regulatory process for curbing highway emissions of nitrogen dioxide, which has been linked to asthma and other respiratory diseases.

While the move could give President Donald Trump a nominal environmental achievement for the 2020 campaign, public health experts say the truck regulations are not as out of line with administration deregulation policy as they would appear.

The emerging rule will likely limit nitrogen dioxide pollution more than current standards, they say, but fall far short of what is necessary to significantly prevent respiratory illness and even premature deaths.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not new news. A re-hash of a 2020 headline. I did not know trump was a greenie.
It is not a political issue when you are killing people slowly.

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion

WASHINGTON -- The Trump administration on Monday took its first step toward tighter pollution controls on trucks.
Andrew Wheeler, head of the Environmental Protection Agency, began the legal and regulatory process for curbing highway emissions of nitrogen dioxide, which has been linked to asthma and other respiratory diseases.

While the move could give President Donald Trump a nominal environmental achievement for the 2020 campaign, public health experts say the truck regulations are not as out of line with administration deregulation policy as they would appear.

The emerging rule will likely limit nitrogen dioxide pollution more than current standards, they say, but fall far short of what is necessary to significantly prevent respiratory illness and even premature deaths.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not new news. A re-hash of a 2020 headline. I did not know trump was a greenie.
It is not a political issue when you are killing people slowly.
Sounds like someone tried to take a common sense approach, but of course that is never enough for the those that cannot think.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My mom always said, "If you are half as smart as you think you are you'd be twice as smart as you really are!"

I was watching a program on nuclear energy, and the power plant in Japan that was struck by the tsunami a few years ago. There had been surveys and test done by different engineers and they collectively determined no tsunami could get to that plant to harm it.

That reminds me of another saying. "Facts change- truth doesn't".

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
In New York State. Let them run all those trucks though the high rent and very rich suburbs outside of NYC and something would be done in a hurry.