Did this ever work???

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Just got word from my dealer a second switch needs to be added. When they do that next week I will update

Reactions: 1 user

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
Just got word from my dealer a second switch needs to be added. When they do that next week I will update
So I got curious and took a look at my L3901 and that seat has a similar switch to the OP. Then I noticed that there isnt a switch for seat up (that I could find). I've been running a logging winch off the back with the seat up and the PTO running (I have to stand off to the side of the winch and I am definitely out of the seat). But I can't figure out how the PTO runs with the seat up. So, Im in the same boat as the OP now on my other machine. Going to read the manual and see if I can find something new to learn.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
So I got curious and took a look at my L3901 and that seat has a similar switch to the OP. Then I noticed that there isnt a switch for seat up (that I could find). I've been running a logging winch off the back with the seat up and the PTO running (I have to stand off to the side of the winch and I am definitely out of the seat). But I can't figure out how the PTO runs with the seat up. So, Im in the same boat as the OP now on my other machine. Going to read the manual and see if I can find something new to learn.
The switch on the L01's has three positions. Down when you are in the seat, middle when you aren't in the seat and up when the seat is flipped up.

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
With
The switch on the L01's has three positions. Down when you are in the seat, middle when you aren't in the seat and up when the seat is flipped up.
Thanks,
So, Yes This Does Work!
I had been tipping the seat forward as instructed for the original seat.
But with the BH seat, the seat is released as if to swivel it allowing the lever to raise to the highest position and every stays running.
Thanks for all the input!
No one knowes more then evryone.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Does your switch and trigger point look like this? Don't think this will work with mine.
20210513_144532.jpg

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Many thanks to the previous posters with L01s. Appears the B2601 is the same. Here is a copy and paste of what I sent to my dealer.

I did some homework too and I believe I have it figured out. The operators manual is a little misleading. Simple stupid. Lol. In short, the seat needs to be popped up as in preparing to pivot it to the rear position.

I was curious why the seat safety switch had 3 wires. In my research, I learned other tractors (L3901) had a 3 position seat switch. Operator present. Operator not present..and further, operator not present but seat popped up.

So I tried this. Started tractor. Transmission in neutral. Park Brake on. PTO in rear only. Popped seat up ( not tilted forward) . Engaged PTO and tractor remained running!! Rear PTO shaft rotating! Shut tractor engine off. It will also restart with the seat in this position.

I only watched the rear pto output shaft turning and didn't connect wood chipper, but I believe all is now good.

Last edited: