Deck Matting

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have a question,, after darn near killing my self slipping on the floor of my tractor I figure there has got to be some thing better to have,,That rubber matting is slicker than deer guts on a brass door nob when they get a little snow on them. Has anybody else found this to be a problem and what if anything have you replaces that stuff with?
Peace
SKEETS

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You could try traction tape on the cheap or go to the auto parts store and but a gallon of roll on bedliner coating. Its similar to a spray on truck bed liner like what LineX makes just in a do it yourself version. It ususal has some grit to it when it dry's.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Kinda why I'm glad I have an older model that has the old school steel floor with those raised metal divots. I dare say if I ever get the luxury of owning a new Kubota I'd probably take the floor off and make a pair of the old school steel floorboards.

Last edited:

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
That would be one of the few negatives I have with my BX2660:(. That mat is very slippery:eek:.

I like the idea of the tape;). I think there is a trip to Lowe's in my future this weekend:D.