Decided on New L4600HST

zman8537

Equipment
Mowing, Snow Plowing, Hauling
Sep 8, 2013
Chicora, PA
Well after lots of tossing and turning and deliberating trying to make a decision on which tractor to purchase I have decided on an L4600HST. I will be going to pick it up on Thursday if all goes as planned. I was getting a little concerned about getting one before they start hanging all the environmentally friendly crap on em, so I pulled the trigger on the 4600. I do like the extendable control arms on the MX5100 though which made it a tough decision to make. Can they be added to an L4600??:confused:

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Awesome congrats. You will love the HST.

What do you mean by extended control arms? I have a mx-5100, and not sure what you mean.

zman8537

Equipment
Mowing, Snow Plowing, Hauling
Sep 8, 2013
Chicora, PA
Awesome congrats. You will love the HST.

What do you mean by extended control arms? I have a mx-5100, and not sure what you mean.
Maybe I am calling them the wrong thing, but on your lowers that would hook up to your implements they are extendable or retractable that I would think would make hooking up attachments alot easier. Am I wrong or right?

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Maybe I am calling them the wrong thing, but on your lowers that would hook up to your implements they are extendable or retractable that I would think would make hooking up attachments alot easier. Am I wrong or right?
Oh yeah, those are pretty nice. You don't have to be perfectly lined up to get the implements on. Then when done, just back up and it locks back in place.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
They look like they would come in handy when hooking up implements by yourself!
They do. My massey did not have them, and getting the heavy implements aligned was always a PITA. With this one, just don't back all the way up to the implement. Just get within a few inches and push the lever then pull the bar out and line it up. When both are installed back up and they lock back in place.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
They are called telescoping draft links.