Dealer Question

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I do know there are several dealers that visit this site. So I will toss out this question. WTF is up with tractor deliveries, and parts and stuff? Is the big "K" that complacent with sales, or is it that the dealers, like the old days with Harley Davidson, eh one day things will come in, or not.
It is some what discomforting to go looking for a new tractor and the sales man tells you,, well I dont know when or IF we are going to get anything in. That does not promote much confidence in the dealer to the customer. But then I have heard that my local dealer, from people that work there, does not play well with other dealers.
Or is it that some dealers just dont think they need to order something in because they want to get rid of other stuff on the lot?
All I am looking for is streight answers not BS.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Evidently theres not much required to becoming a Kubota dealer? Maybe just a brick and mortar building and a guy who can turn a wrench? Buyers beware! No bad experiences here...yet....but then I have been lucky and not needed my dealer to be there for me without taking advantage of the situation! Good luck Skeets!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
While I can’t directly speak for Kubota dealers, it sounds pretty consistent with the current times. It is the same in the auto business right now too.

This is the battle we are currently having on our side. Back in March they shut down mostly all of the corporate operations. Assembly plants closed, the parts warehouses closed, etc. So nothing getting built and parts not getting shipped let alone built because a lot of those manufacturing plants were closer as well. But we as a dealer were still expected to be open. Eventually they went to volunteer workers at the parts depots to get parts to us but when you would get it was anybody’s guess. We are still struggling with many parts on backorder. Right now its not surprising to have a vehicle down for months because we can’t get parts for it.

It’s unfortunate but it is what it is right now in these times. I could be wrong but I think the best deals are still yet to come.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
While I can’t directly speak for Kubota dealers, it sounds pretty consistent with the current times. It is the same in the auto business right now too.

This is the battle we are currently having on our side. Back in March they shut down mostly all of the corporate operations. Assembly plants closed, the parts warehouses closed, etc. So nothing getting built and parts not getting shipped let alone built because a lot of those manufacturing plants were closer as well. But we as a dealer were still expected to be open. Eventually they went to volunteer workers at the parts depots to get parts to us but when you would get it was anybody’s guess. We are still struggling with many parts on backorder. Right now its not surprising to have a vehicle down for months because we can’t get parts for it.

It’s unfortunate but it is what it is right now in these times. I could be wrong but I think the best deals are still yet to come.
Agreed.

Governmental agencies have created enormous havoc in all parts of the economy.

It will take time for things to work out and it is likely that "things" will never return to what we have considered "normal" conditions.

SDT

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Evidently theres not much required to becoming a Kubota dealer? Maybe just a brick and mortar building and a guy who can turn a wrench? Buyers beware! No bad experiences here...yet....but then I have been lucky and not needed my dealer to be there for me without taking advantage of the situation! Good luck Skeets!

Wow, if it's that simple I think there should be dealers everywhere. No building codes, no revenue, no accountability....just some wrenches. That ought to force price wars and tractors and parts would be real inexpensive!

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Wow, if it's that simple I think there should be dealers everywhere. No building codes, no revenue, no accountability....just some wrenches. That ought to force price wars and tractors and parts would be real inexpensive!
D2cat glad you senced my sarcasim!:p

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
The supply chain for lot's of stuff is still way off kilter. Was walking through the supermarket this week with my wife. She saw lysol wipes on the shelf (for the first time in months) and ran for them. Only able to buy 1 though......

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Ya cannot build them if you cannot get the parts to build them...right? Supply chain economics are in the toilet right now and will be for a while.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Supply chain economics are in the toilet right now and will be for a while.

yup, gotta love outsourcing .........

if it'd be stapmed 'Made in America' , there'd be NO shortages of anything...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hell maybe I will go take a second look at that 64 Plymouth at least I can bring that home

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Hell maybe I will go take a second look at that 64 Plymouth at least I can bring that home
Well your tractor ain’t broke 🤷‍♂️

I haven’t been out by the local kubota place here in a while, but I drive by the green dealer every day, they got 3 tractors on the lot, and they are sugar cane tractors. Usually packed with small tractors, haven’t seen one there in a couple months

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The supply chain for lot's of stuff is still way off kilter. Was walking through the supermarket this week with my wife. She saw lysol wipes on the shelf (for the first time in months) and ran for them. Only able to buy 1 though......
Round here you stand a better chance of seeing big foot then finding a can of lysol spray.

OrangeManGood

Equipment
MX6000 BH92
Oct 1, 2020
Alabama
If you can try several dealers. I went trough at least a dozen dealers before I found one that could get the equipment I wanted in a reasonable amount of time for a decent price. Many told me they didn't have any in stock and didn't know when they would.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My local dealer does not appear to have any shortages. Lots of tractors on the lot.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Local dealer usually has 30-40 set up on the front lawn with another 15-25 in crates out back. Last few months they have around 6-12 setup with around that out back. Salesman told me a couple weeks ago that it is a combination of not getting enough inventory and increased sales. He said that they are selling as fast as they are getting tractors in. It’s not just tractors, but all the small equipment that they sell.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
I ordered mine this week and the dealer said they have had models on order for a number of weeks and anticipate another 6ish weeks for delivery. They said they are running out of things to sell, meaning demand vastly is out-pacing supply based on the previously mentioned production challenges.