Dealer Distance/Issues

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
one thing I'll say is that finding GOOD help is next to impossible.

"GOOD" meaning someone who knows what they're doing, will show up on time or before, leave AFTER the bell rings and not before, and only takes his alotted lunch time rather than 2 1/2 hours. Plus, while they're at work they need to be working and not standing in the doorway with a beer and a cigarette getting absolutely nothing accomplished except maybe forgetting where they left off. Drug free is a plus. One dealer principal told me that if they (entire chain of dealers) fired everyone that failed a drug test that they'd have nobody working for them. Needless to say I don't work at that dealer anymore; just gives you a small clue as to what work(ed) there...I ain't been back since I left, and I know 2 of the other techs left and they were left with one for a while. I can't blame the other 2 for leaving either. Hate it for the dealer and the one tech that was left but we all have to do what is right for us individually.

with that said sometimes there are those type challenges faced by dealers. Particularly smaller dealers, they typically don't have the capital to pay anyone a decent salary and Kubota doesn't really help the dealer in that sense either. To my knowledge they don't have any sort of assistance for employment and nothing I seen on their site as an exchange for potential employees either--but the dealer I worked for took away some of my access to some things so I may have missed something within the last year. Another manufacturer is in such dire need of GOOD TECHS that they have a whole part of their business system that trains educates and then puts the tech's name out there for dealers to view. This is where Kubota is missing out. Deere does it too I think. IF they can't pay anyone a decent salary they're gonna get minimum wage employees--and that sometimes means minimum help and minimum effort. You're not going to pay a guy $10/hr to do transmission repairs on M series; but on the flip side you're certainly not going to pay a lot porter $30/hr either.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Sounds like my dealership near Binghamton. Sales guy pretty much did everything.
I'm northeast of you near the Massachusetts border but was definitely surprised with everything he did.

Tim1983

Jan 3, 2021
Wisconsin
A little update, I was able to sit down with the sales guy yesterday at the middle distance dealer (70min). After a little discussion it looks like I will be getting a B2601 in the next few weeks. Just waiting on the final quote. Starting to get excited.

Reactions: 1 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Congrats Tim! Hope everything works out and I'm sure you will enjoy it once you get it.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Are you satisfied, with the LX2610? I am currently reviewing this tractor and considering purchasing it.
I will send you a separate message as to not hijack Tim1983's thread.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One problem ,possibly the main one, in finding 'GOOD' help is that for decades( at least 2 generations) , the general population has been shown you do NOT have to work for a living. There are generations of families that have figured how how to 'work the system' to get everything for 'free', so why bother to work ? Then there are the 'top cats' who get zillions for doing nothing,meanwhile the 'wrenchturners' get diddly...
When (if ?) you do find a shop that cares, support them ! even it it costs you a wee bit more. That way THEY will be there when you really, really need them.
I'm fortunate in that the local Kubota dealer(Galer) has a great staff, always eager to help.

Reactions: 1 users

Tim1983

Jan 3, 2021
Wisconsin
One problem ,possibly the main one, in finding 'GOOD' help is that for decades( at least 2 generations) , the general population has been shown you do NOT have to work for a living. There are generations of families that have figured how how to 'work the system' to get everything for 'free', so why bother to work ? Then there are the 'top cats' who get zillions for doing nothing,meanwhile the 'wrenchturners' get diddly...
When (if ?) you do find a shop that cares, support them ! even it it costs you a wee bit more. That way THEY will be there when you really, really need them.
I'm fortunate in that the local Kubota dealer(Galer) has a great staff, always eager to help.
The shop I went with seems to be a good one, from my little interaction with them. Hopefully I don't have a lot of interaction with them. Maybe filters once a year. I was willing to pay them a little extra, but by the time delivery cost were included, and some add-ons, the cost was about the same. One benefit of this market is I doubt people will find a big price difference across dealers within a region.